Alberta Motorised Bicycle

TinoMB

Local time
5:25 AM
Thinking about getting a motor for a Schwinn style chopper, but the laws don't make it seem like a good idea for getting a engine on my bike. Anyone from Alberta or Canada or has had bad experiences with the cops or anything? Also, if I did get a motor, where would be some good places to ride? Ex., dirt roads, trails, etc.

I think I know what you mean, when I took it out for a little ride, it seemed to require me to lean more to turn. I would much prefer to go on the road but that would require insurance, rgestration, etc.

Then pick a better suited bike, a chopper is great on the road but you'll be kicking yourself for not just picking a mountain bike styled bike in the first place. May I suggest a fat tire mountain bike? They are just tasty on the trails, like nothing you rode before if you never been on one. Seriously that extra surface and radius of the wide tires makes hard turns with extreme leans just insanely grippy and controlled, then all that power just gets so nicely transfered especially with a nice punchy 2 stroke! I honestly never felt so secure with any kind of bike on wet pavement even on dusty wet roads with tiny bits of stone, even when the bike wants to fall out from under you during a slide it still can be picked right up without dropping it. Sorry for getting all hot and bothered about it but seriously those tires make the world of a difference. Hell I even hit good speeds and maintain very nice traction in sleet and snow with a blizzard riding my ass hahaha hahaha! Passing by cops in the snowstorm is great seeing their faces LOVE IT!

Sorry, but I already got the bike, I'm just wondering if it is worth getting an engine for if I'm not allowed to ride it around the street. Im getting really interested in the whole motorcycle thing and this is basically my entryway into all that stuff.

Back