ALTERNATIVE FUEL discussion forum.

I've been looking into small batch stills for ethanol production from corn. I can pick up wasted corn at grain bins and convert it. Looks interesting, I'd kinda like to try it out. and engine mods only involve rejetting I believe.

This is the sanitation company by my house that we've worked with hydrogen.
Nearly doubled their milage. From 6mpg to 11mpg (diesel). Approx 90%
This system is huge! it draws 100 amps, but their awsome 240amp charging system can handle it.
Since they've started a company on the side.
Im doing this in my car but in a lot smaller scale at 15 amps.
Went from 22mpg to 29mpg (gas). Approx 33%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_5Li7DZpGc&feature=related

Last edited:
well, at the end of the day, all these internet links if anyone has been following with casual interest, it all seems to point towards hydrogen, according to the info, fuel from tap water.
Is hydrogen from water the "alternative fuel" or is fossil fuel the current alternative and things need to be reversed cos it's been one big error all along ?

Last edited:
Would it be possible to use ethanol 85 in a normal motorbike - AND use gas? It would be nice if there was an engine that can run on alternative fuels, then use gas when you're running "empty" on the road. Would we have to have a whole new engine or what are modifications to be made?

The advantage of motorbikes are obvious compared to cars in miles per gallon. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for some alternative fuel if I knew I was doing environment some good. But that would be too expensive in a car; on a motorbike it's just pocket change. Even if the fuel has higher pollution, it is minor compared to a car.

The thing we have to consider is:
1. How much energy are we burning to make these fuels?
2. How much pollution do they add in comparism to gas?
3. What do they do to our miles per gallon?
4. What do they do to how long our engine lasts?
5. How can we rebuild our engines to accommodate these fuels?

Maybe those whiz-kids at MIT can figure out an answer to this. Be a good project for a Ph.D.

Refer to the David Blume post above for the answers to your questions.

The biggest factor with alcohol is that it thrives on high compression. Two strokes are more easily adaptable but it is possible to use 4 stroke also. Stock engines need converted though for the best performance.

My response wasnt meant to be negative but if it was percieved that way think about this. Theres billion dollar companies out there with billions in research $ with scientists who have phds working on this problem and they havnt figured it out yet. I dont think I can come up with an answer or solution any faster than they can.

No Limits! Outside the box.

Why should the billion-dollar companies and scientists be the only ones with a solution?
What makes them so special, Money?

If I had the resources, I'd already have the solution myself. Heck with them. I'd make Hydrogen in my backyard with electric and water, and pressurize it in a tank, and burn that with the engine on my bike, and I'd rarely use gasoline.

If I had an alcohol still, I'd already be making ethanol, I just have to learn more about building one. With over 100MPG or more on a bicycle, you could make your own fuel and use it for transportation much easier than trying to fuel a car engine.

BTW, anyone know some information about making a simple, DIY steam engine or turbine? I got LOTS of natural wood and plant matter to burn, if I could make steam, and power a generator with that, I'll have all the hydrogen and electricity I need. I could even go 100% electric, because I'd make my own power.

There's so many possibilities with an open mind, heck with "them"

Last edited:
Back