Clutch Alternative to the Clutch Lever

japat100: i haven't noticed much difference in pull or adjustment. when i have time, i'll take new pics of the lever & arm positions under proper adjustment. remind me if i forget for too long.

HI,
I was thinking about the new clutch lever too....Does the relatively small change in length really make that much difference?...I think it was only
1.5 CM longer on the lever arm..

Andrew

:D I thought about making a slightly shorter lever just so I could get a positive engagement/disengagement of the clutch.

For me the clutch is not hard to pull in (I must have vise-like grip :D) and even my wife can ride it without any trouble but then she does ride her motorcycle and quad.

I also thought about making a lever that was sort of a semi-circle, with the cable riding on the edge of the semi-circle which would help keep it aligned with the cable holder but I keep thinking that that is just a bit much.

My plan is to minimize the slop and friction and shorten the lever 5-10mm.

the whole clutch leaver,was poorly design from start to finish ,, the adjustment near the handle bars is junk. the play on the side cover leaver is crazy you would think they would have enough sense to at least dril the right size hole ,,the angle of the cable don"t make sense ,,the amount of tension in the clutch alone is at least twice as much as it has to be ,,and on top of that they give you another 2 spring to add to the tension ,, theres only one answer ,,,let it be known to the sellers and importers that this is not crazy but this is retarded ,, a 5 year old kid would at least drill the right size hole ,,so i hope the sellers and the people that import these kits read this post and get off there as,,,,and do something ,,there is no excuse for such sloppy work ,,and would cost nothing to make big improvements ,maybe what we need is more sellers that will fight for improvements .

no reason why a little smaller hole would cost more then a bigger one
japat

Back