always the last mile home...

that suspension seatpost is the right place to look, the only bike I've got without one is a late 70s bmx bike running 75 psi with a narrow hard plastic seat and that thing feels a bit like getting punched in the ass

Surprisingly, the low tyre pressures give more comfort that the suspension seat post.

That's why i am greatly enthused with the concept of "fat bikes" with 5 inch wide tyres that can be run at 10 PSI.
It's fair to say that there will be massive rolling resistance; greatly slowing you down, but who gives a damn about an extra 10 MPH of top speed - it's a bicycle after all, and who cares about rolling resistance when an engine sits in the frame.

i cant stand squishy tyres, and having rolled a few off the rim, plus the inevitable pinch punctures...i always add at least another 1/4 of the rated pressure. i like my minimum rolling resistance and my top speed :)

i should take a pic of the hole thats festering down the road...how to avoid a metre wide patch across the road, i wonder? sure, i could slow down, but that suits me about as much as running low pressures... mmm, sydney roads, best in the world....for 4wd's :giggle:

no, i cannot run low pressures, no excuse required. comfort be dammed, whats wrong with standing on the pedals occasionally? you dont land 6 foot tabletops sitting in the seat... cant say ive done one of them for a few years though!

admittedly, gimme some of those "dune buggy" tyres and ill run em low as i can :) mmm, carbide studs... theyre pretty cheap on fleabay...i just hope new rubber is as cheap! they arent so popular here, down under... strange...arent we meant to be a desert? :rolleyes:

ooops, i did it again...

35 km ride tonight, from one shop to the other and back again due to lack of cash, and a card that only swipes on one specific machine... not to mention almost getting squished by a truck...

and where did i run out of fuel, because i ignored the feeling in my gut before leaving home?

darn tootin! less than 500 metres down the road... :D

just beating the rain by twenty seconds too! as soon as my helmet was off and i was under cover....WEEEE!!!

*kicks bike* whens this stupid engine going to DIE???? stop rattling and wheezing! just pack it in already!

Back