Any Carb forward engines here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out what the secret was, says lost 684g. off the crank:geek: Howard and Allen say this engine will run real smooth. They just got back from the balance shop.:cool:
They say lost weight at the crank, is a good thing

A balanced crank!!! That is music to my ears. please tell us more about how you had it done.
cheers

BSA

Wow look at the amount of metal that had to be removed to get it in balance! A comment about how it is good for the engine to loose weight off the crank. It is not necessarily a good thing. The weight is designed to create torque, (energy stored in the weights) if the weight is removed you loose that attribute of the engine. On another note you would also on the happy engine need to get rid of the space created by the missing material off the crank. If the space is left the engine looses the crankcase pressure needed to push the gasses to the top end. A two stroke engine needs to have as small a space left over around the crank as possible. I was reading about a Kriedler 50 twin that made 20hp at 18,000 RPM, there is no extra space in the crankcase. Have fun, Dave

how exactly did the dual carbs go because I would like to make on myself ive got 2 spare intake manifolds myself and a gas mig welder.

oh ye and what kind of place would I be able to get my engine balanced at? eg just normal place that does cars or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back