Any tips to stop going through so many rear wheels??

1 message and we're assuming what kit this guy has. Maybe we should ask him and then can give specific answers. Momo, what kit/drive system are you using?
I know wheels well enough to know from his description of the issues he's had, what the cause is: cheap department store wheel.

One could have the same issues regardless of what engine/motor setup was being used, when it comes to low standard department store grade wheels.

I know wheels well enough to know from his description of the issues he's had, what the cause is: cheap department store wheel.

One could have the same issues regardless of what engine/motor setup was being used, when it comes to low standard department store grade wheels.
I've made the best of mine by tensioning the spokes properly, trying it, and servicing everything I can.

Any tips to stop going through so many rear wheels?? I've rode maybe 200 miles on my bike so far and have gone through three rear wheels already. Bent rim and loose spokes. I'm only 155lbs and don't have any luggage weight on the rear and only do city road riding. I'm thinking of investing in a set of Gemini wheels but don't want to spend all of the money if they're just going to get bent up like these past wheels.
You need some heavy duty wheels my friend with at least 12 gauge spokes
Yeah buy the Gemini

Whatcha got to say if he's riding a Harley? OP says nada about his ride.
giphy.gif

Because the OP said he's thinking about investing in some Gemeni wheels. So unless it's one of the first Harleys ever made I don't think he'd be putting bicycle wheels on a motorcycle.

I've known people with friction drives, left side drives and right side drives all have similar issues with department store wheels. If something of a low quality keeps tearing up on you due to the stresses you're putting on it; then you need something of a higher quality that can handle the stress.

Back