Are we looking at just another "gimmick" here?

Unless the coil is upgraded the cdi will be limited, the one good thing about a dual plug head is you have a spare plug in case one fouls. A lot of Yamaha dirt bikes had them, only one plug was used at a time.
If one plug fouls with a single coil approach, if it's heavily fouled, it could be conductive enough to keep the clean plug from sparking at all.

If the coil has a second winding, then the coils are redundant, as well as the plugs, and a single fouled plug won't stop the engine. In fact, the fouling condition on the one plug might get burned off, allowing it to fire again.

You are making some very sound points now, if we are speaking about a parallel wired ignition. I think we should end this discussion until someone tells us they have one of these coils and we can see with an ohm meter how it's wired. To manufacture a parallel coil that is triggered by magnetic impulse would be a design challenge not to mention at a greater cost. All thing being equal, I see it being twice the size because now there are two windings. This might present issues on where to mount it on the motor.

Gordy, an even burn is determined by the shape of the combustion chamber. That's why the hemispherical shape is optimum. All the second plug does is produce a second flame front that burns the charge faster.

All thing being equal, I see it being twice the size because now there are two windings. This might present issues on where to mount it on the motor. Disregard this statement

Sorry, I lost my focus in a senior moment. The primary trigger from the mag pickup must connect to the two smaller wires on the coil. Now the coil can be any size and mount it anywhere it fits. There's really no way to know without an OHM meter. Physical size and production cost are the only factors that make me feel it's a series circuit.

Thinking about this. If higher voltages were deemed such an improvement, if 2 plugs were such an improvement for emissions/burn/performance then manufacturer's would apply them. The billions spent on R&D would mean a couple of $'s in added cost per unit. My 2 cents. Sometimes you get an oddity like the Ford 2.3. If the general consensus was it works better then most/all would be doing it. Kinda like the 2/3 prong spark plug debate.

Thinking about this. If higher voltages were deemed such an improvement, if 2 plugs were such an improvement for emissions/burn/performance then manufacturer's would apply them. The billions spent on R&D would mean a couple of $'s in added cost per unit. My 2 cents. Sometimes you get an oddity like the Ford 2.3. If the general consensus was it works better then most/all would be doing it. Kinda like the 2/3 prong spark plug debate.
As I had mentioned on page one of this thread, the Ford 2.3 2 plugs a cylinder was an entirely different concept on how two plugs on one cylinder would work...A four strioke engine with valves etc. One plug firing for the intake, One plug firing for the exhaust.

My 2022 Harley 1868cc Milwaukee 8 engine has 2 S/P per cylinder but it also has 4 valves per cylinder, 2 intake and 2 exhaust
DSCF1159 (2).JPG
IMO ya don't need 2 S/P in a 2 stroke 66/80cc It's just a gimmick to sell ya more stuff

Back