Bearing and Seals

Pugs75

Local time
10:43 AM
Good Morning,
Im sure its been discussed before but does anyone know where to find better crank bearings and seals for a Zeda 80 firestorm edition and or the part numbers. I have been building a new bicycle and had to send my motor back to Bicycle-Engines as it had a really bad vibration. Like could not get over 15mph without my eyes falling out. Molly was fantastic in helping me and long story short they are sending me a new engine. Im thinking about just changing them out before installing back in the bike. Whats nice about doing this is I still have a bike to ride while I get this one running again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance
This is the build im doing for this engine, dont mind the tank, im building a custom one to fit the void where it is.
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Nickt919

Local time
9:43 AM
The number for the bearing is 6202.
I’ve been using the 6202-2rs.. the 2rs is for rubber seals on the bearing. I pop out one and face the open side in towards the crank.
Timken 6202-2rs run about $7-$10 per bearing. Probably one of the better bearings available.
I’ve been using PGN 6202-2rs. A 4 pack cost about $8. They’re rated for 23K rpm’s and I’ve spun mine up over 11K many times.
If you open the engine up far enough to change bearings it’s probably a good idea to change all 4.
And.. like Cannonball suggested.. if you have the means.. balance the crank. It makes a big difference.

Pugs75

Local time
10:43 AM
Thank you very much for the information and part numbers, and yes I would definitely balance the crank as well. I have a buddy that's a machinist and he said he would help me with it.