Noob question, please advise!

Learningeveryday

Local time
3:39 AM
Hello.
First off I'd like to say I'm really grateful this site exists. I figured out almost all of my issues through just looking up posts.
Here is my issue...
When I'm at a stop, especially up hill,after I release the clutch and hit the throttle, I'll get three solid chugs before it "kicks in"... When it's doing the chugging it's hard to pedal, but if I power through it it runs fine. Does this mean I'm running too Rich?
Am I just driving it incorrectly? Do I have to be pedaling and in motion to use the gas?

The LD100 looks a lot like a standard "80" engine. The easiest way to tell is by the exhaust flange. LD100's use a socket style exhaust flange like a motorcycle instead of the more traditional flat flange with a gasket.

It could potentially be a Zed Max 100, which is similar to the LD100 in that it is a 2 piece design and based on a G4/G5 style cylinder, but has a normal CG style exhaust flange.

One thing it is definitely not is a YD100. The top end is completely different.
I can also tell you its not a zeda 100 max because the cylinder head on the zeda 100 max is a bit different if you look at it in detail compared to a regular old CG and so is the cylinder.

That HP carb you have isn't the best choice. Almost impossible to get it to run right across the rpm range. I tried for quite awhile and gave up. I switched to the stock BoFeng(the one without the float tickler) and haven't looked back.
I think as was mentioned earlier you are trying to lug it down too low and it is balking at that.

That HP carb you have isn't the best choice. Almost impossible to get it to run right across the rpm range. I tried for quite awhile and gave up. I switched to the stock BoFeng(the one without the float tickler) and haven't looked back.
I think as was mentioned earlier you are trying to lug it down too low and it is balking at that.
luckily I had good luck with tuning it to my ported 66

Back