Best piston mod for read valve?

Wags

Local time
3:47 AM
My question is somewhat to the point. I have seen 4 primary piston modifications for using a reed valve.
- the Piston with rows of little holes stacked on top of each other.
- the Piston with two larger holes next to each other.
- the Piston with one large hole
- and the Piston with one smaller hole about halfway up but more of the skirt removed.( this mod isn't as known as the other three).
My question is, out of these piston modifications which one provides the most performance ?
Personally I have already tried the multiple rows of smaller holes piston modification and I can't complain but I'm looking to try a different Arrangement this time. I have the arrow Reed block, a stuffed case and third transfer port among many other modifications but those three I believe are the most relevant modifications to picking a Pistons Style. Should I stick with the piston style I have already or has somebody had good luck with one of the others and maybe even one I haven't even seen yet? I apologize for the length of this question but I'm trying to be thorough to get to the right answer. Thanks in advance for your input.

I was under the impression that they worked together. I would love for it to be that simple, less work. I think that would create more pressure through the third transfer on the down stroke. but don't the holes allow more of a charge to be taken into the case as the Piston is on its up stroke?

I'm kind of dissapointed. I figured there would be more input on this subject. Maybe this sight doesn't get the tragic it use to. Or maybe people are waiting for the east questions like I have no spark or why is my clutch just spin. It seems like everyone wants to jump in on those types of questions.

Gotta be a little patient when receiving free help...I'd understand if you paid for the help...not all of us have reed valves. Butre has been around a while and gives good advise. Just give it time and you'll get responses from more of our very knowledgeable members. Not everyone sits here clicking refresh all day waiting for new topics to pop up.

Gotta be a little patient when receiving free help...I'd understand if you paid for the help...not all of us have reed valves. Butre has been around a while and gives good advise. Just give it time and you'll get responses from more of our very knowledgeable members. Not everyone sits here clicking refresh all day waiting for new topics to pop up.

My bad. I've been knowen to be a little inpatient now and again. A shall relax at this point.

that's someone else, they added their picture to my album. I'm more of a climb anything guy, topping 50 with same as stock gearing. not going anywhere lately though, not with that cracked rotor.

personally, more often than not I'll just cut out a huge chunk of skirt on the intake side and a smaller boost port in the jug. I know it's not the best way, but it's easy and I'm all for less work time more ride time.

My question is somewhat to the point. I have seen 4 primary piston modifications for using a reed valve.
- the Piston with rows of little holes stacked on top of each other.
- the Piston with two larger holes next to each other.
- the Piston with one large hole
- and the Piston with one smaller hole about halfway up but more of the skirt removed.( this mod isn't as known as the other three).
My question is, out of these piston modifications which one provides the most performance ?
Personally I have already tried the multiple rows of smaller holes piston modification and I can't complain but I'm looking to try a different Arrangement this time. I have the arrow Reed block, a stuffed case and third transfer port among many other modifications but those three I believe are the most relevant modifications to picking a Pistons Style. Should I stick with the piston style I have already or has somebody had good luck with one of the others and maybe even one I haven't even seen yet? I apologize for the length of this question but I'm trying to be thorough to get to the right answer. Thanks in advance for your input.
OK so I haven't experimented with this, but I have been thinking about it. I think that a vertical hole or holes directed into the third port at 90 deg. would impede the upward flow of the charge. What I'm wondering is if the hole, holes in the piston were angeled upward would the pressure form the different directions blend more easily?

Back