Are spark plugs important for high rpm?

Yep, if it's a good spark plug, it will spark as fast as you can supply spark to it.

Coils are a limiter, but unless its faulty, I seriously doubt you can go beyond what it's capable of.

Yep, if it's a good spark plug, it will spark as fast as you can supply spark to it.

Coils are a limiter, but unless its faulty, I seriously doubt you can go beyond what it's capable of.
Biggest limitation with coils tends to be dwell time. As rpms increase, if the coil can't create the voltage fast enough in the primary coil you will see a voltage drop at the secondary. Eventually you get spark blowout

Biggest limitation with coils tends to be dwell time. As rpms increase, if the coil can't create the voltage fast enough in the primary coil you will see a voltage drop at the secondary. Eventually you get spark blowout
That's why you get the big red coil! (Joking)
71iXV8qQFkL._UX250_.jpg

And here I thought it was your 4 strokers that were cursing you because you started your journey to the Dark Side by forsaking our beloved 2 strokers...lol...lol...lol.
God forbid I want valves to control my intake and exhaust instead of letting voodoo and holes do it. Ha!

God forbid I want valves to control my intake and exhaust instead of letting voodoo and holes do it. Ha!
It is not voodoo...It is THE FORCE that gives a TRUE JEDI his power as well as the bikes we ride...lol...lol...lol.

It is the Dark Side that relies on valves and Death Stars rather then trusting in the force...lol...lol.

Back