bike protection from theft or people in general/public

Artty45

Local time
11:17 AM
How do you protect your bike what do you use chains/locks, its a lot of technology out here do you use apps to make it hard to steal. Is there a way you can you make it non move-able or use keys. I just wanna know how do you make sure no one can steal or use your bike when left out in the open.

Ulock, a good one is better than a cable. Both are preferable, good quality. Keep it inside always. Even going into a 7-11 lock it up. Its about all you can do and use common sense. I think most thieves for these will be kids/homeless guys who just have to have one and be cool.

there are 2 stores I will go to, and three that I would never park a bike near - wouldn't park one at walmart or home depot either

Get a cdi with a key, use safety torx fasteners they have a pin in the middle, invest in a good bike lock/chain. Other things may help too like parking behind the store you go into.

This might be another extra step to use with u-bolts, keeps the fork from turning when locked. Vintage locking springer fork!!!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Lol never really got into them old style suspension forks, seems more for looks than comfort afforded by newer suspension forks. Wonder why they stopped producing locking forks? If you can lock the wheel crooked they won't be able to roll it down the street unless lifting the front wheel. Even further if you don't have the lock pin for the clutch handle on a 2 stroke it would be near impossible to go far with it unless they had a truck.

Tweekers, that's the crowd you really need to watch out for. See any of those walking buy don't leave your bike alone at all. Here in Denver area bike theft is a huge problem and cops have no time for what they consider minor crimes.

Back