KTM Build

The very first rip in the video...he hits a relatively small bump in the street. Small enough that he didn't see it coming. This bump....hit under power, caused a fair amount of wheel hop and the bike got a bit squirrelly. The roads are filled with bumps like this, and many bumps are bigger.
This is one the biggest dangers of the many dangers when you get a non-suspension bicycle to run with this much power and speed. The unforeseen events that can cause a loss of control momentarily leading to a spill can or will get you hurt.

In my convoluted opinion, this engine, or any engine with this much power and torque, is just too much for non-suspension bicycle. It's recipe for disaster.
If you want a KTM dirt bike engine...then put it on a KTM frame. It'll be a hell of a lot more comfortable and fun to ride.

Once again...., this is just my opinion on the subject. I'm sure there's many other opinions... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Besides...You know what they say about opinions....

Yep. I remember seeing this guy in the past...One of these days, what is left of him as road kill will be able to be scraped off the pavement with a fingernail file and scooped into a baggie...In the dictionary under the word 'insanity", you will find his picture, no other explaination is necessary...lol.

Just because one CAN build something like that doesn't necessarily mean that one should...lol...Just saying.

The very first rip in the video...he hits a relatively small bump in the street. Small enough that he didn't see it coming. This bump....hit under power, caused a fair amount of wheel hop and the bike got a bit squirrelly. The roads are filled with bumps like this, and many bumps are bigger.
This is one the biggest dangers of the many dangers when you get a non-suspension bicycle to run with this much power and speed. The unforeseen events that can cause a loss of control momentarily leading to a spill can or will get you hurt.

In my convoluted opinion, this engine, or any engine with this much power and torque, is just too much for non-suspension bicycle. It's recipe for disaster.
If you want a KTM dirt bike engine...then put it on a KTM frame. It'll be a hell of a lot more comfortable and fun to ride.

Once again...., this is just my opinion on the subject. I'm sure there's many other opinions... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Besides...You know what they say about opinions....
Yeah, It's a real Death Trap

M/B frames with welded gussets or not need to be check regularly for cracks in the frame
My Whizzer frame came with Reinforcement Gussets welded in the stress areas and my frame still cracked in 3 spots
It cracked on the top tube 2" from the neck and the side rails both cracked where their welded onto the center tube.
I figure the side rails cracked first then that put stress on the top tube making that crack.
I welded a 6" sleeve over the crack on the top tube, joining the sleeve to the neck
The cracks in the side rails I welded up and welded more length of the rails to the top tube and reinforced it some more behind the seatpost with a plate joining both side rails to the center tube.

But these cracks didn't happen until after 12 years and 30,000 miles
Now I always inspect my frame for cracks every time I change the oil, which is every 100 miles
It's now been 5 more years and another 10k miles and no cracks, making that over 40K miles on my bike now in 17 years

Here's a pic of the plate I Tig welded behind the seatpost This is where it needed reinforcement
The rear of the frame will flex taking turns at higher speeds and the side rails cracked right behind where they were welded to the center frame tube

View attachment 184295
Nice welds.

Back