Neat little Moped

ImpulseRocket

Staff member
Local time
2:58 AM
I stumbled into this neat little thing just looking at cheap motorcycle options for the fun of it. This thing is completely legal here in my state and doesn't require title or registration for road use. 49cc horizontal air cooled 4 stroke and crank pedals all in a scooter sized package and motorcycle like frame. SSR Lazer 6 Moped.

I stumbled into this neat little thing just looking at cheap motorcycle options for the fun of it. This thing is completely legal here in my state and doesn't require title or registration for road use. 49cc horizontal air cooled 4 stroke and crank pedals all in a scooter sized package and motorcycle like frame. SSR Lazer 6 Moped.
Looks purdy.

Wait a minnit, weight capacity is 165 lbs?? Absurd. Also it weighs a lot for a 50cc bike. But it looks cool and after you register it you can swap in a 140cc engine...

Looks purdy.

Wait a minnit, weight capacity is 165 lbs?? Absurd. Also it weighs a lot for a 50cc bike. But it looks cool and after you register it you can swap in a 140cc engine...
I think that 165lb figure is actually KG and they just failed to convert it for the U.S. It happens a lot with these types of bikes.

Really cool! but If I get something that looks like a motorcycle, I'm going to buy a motorcycle!

I think that 165lb figure is actually KG and they just failed to convert it for the U.S. It happens a lot with these types of bikes.
Haha, they said the bike weighs 200 lbs...I guess they meant kgs too...😝...440 lbs lol

Really cool! but If I get something that looks like a motorcycle, I'm going to buy a motorcycle!
It's not "like" a motorcycle other than the way it was built/styled. Still just a moped. Think of it like a 50cc scooter, but since it has pedals there is no registration or license requirements that need to be met, unlike an actual scooter. Could you get other bigger and faster bikes for the money? sure can. I got my Hawk 250 in 2017 for 1200 bucks delivered (now about 1800). but they require all of the things that go along with having a motorcycle. Plus, I promise you this thing gets way better mileage. It also weighs a lot less.

I know, but it "looks like" a motorcycle... with pedals.

Definitely cool but I would look like a circus bear on it. XD
This is it's brother, the Lazer 5 Moped. https://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/moped/lazer5.php

Now you can have one that does look like a moped.

I would look like a circus bear too most likely being as big and tall as I am, but they are actually bigger than you think just by looking at the pictures.

Back