Bluebirds Have a Florida Title.. And a plate!

At least I am hoping you made a sizeable profit...I am saddened by the fact that you sold both of your Bluebirds though, I would not have let that man have both of them myself but thats just me, he says both or none?...I would have said, OK none, someone else will come along and will surely be grateful to even get one of these beauties...lol.
I hear you and thought about that... And initially, I did say I would only sell one. But, I bought them as pairs and now sold them as a pair so It was in the cards (or bikes in this case) I guess. And yes, I always get at least double what I pay for a bike....not the assembled from scratch bikes though, you know you never get all your parts money out of those.... I can only wonder what Risky's Ride will bring........Likely the next one to go before I buy any new projects.

I hear you and thought about that... And initially, I did say I would only sell one. But, I bought them as pairs and now sold them as a pair so It was in the cards (or bikes in this case) I guess. And yes, I always get at least double what I pay for a bike....not the assembled from scratch bikes though, you know you never get all your parts money out of those.... I can only wonder what Risky's Ride will bring........Likely the next one to go before I buy any new projects.
Whatever it cost you, double that and add 100. That's what I do. I could put a bike together for 200, advertise for 700 and sell for 500. I can't do that any more the kits and bikes cost more now. I have seen the price on some of the COVID bikes coming down now though.

Bye, Bye, Bluebirds....picked up today-sold :cry:

But now I need to think about what is next?

I am happy for the ownership and time working and riding both bikes for a total of 225 miles. I did well on what I got for them. In this hobby, a break-even is a good time after enjoying a bike for a while, but of course, I did better than that. Had them both for about 10 months so as it goes, when you have too many bikes, it is hard to ride them all.

Yes and no. I will explain later after the deal is final.
So to the point that a bike with a title makes it more valuable is certainly true. In this case though, we are talking about "motorbikes" and in most states a 50cc or less gas motorbike is considered a Moped and does not need a title (in Florida) but a registration and a plate. But, since the Whizzer is 138cc it is considered a MotorCycle in Florida and in many other states including Ohio where these came from.

That means a motorcycle endorsement to ride it (not a moped which does not need an endorsement) and the cost to register and transfer the title is more expensive than just a moped registration and plate. These factors could signify a determent rather than a benefit. Note that most of these reissued Whizzers made by CHE (Joe Lin, Taiwan) have had their VIN registered with the NTSB and if you use their VIN lookup, it gives you all of the MFG info on the bike including the year and the displacement of the bike and it says "motorcycle". So, if it comes down to law enforcement running the VIN on one of these bikes, and they understand their state's statutes (most don't) and if that state says moped 50cc or less, then you might have an issue operating a motorcycle without a title, plate or perhaps a MC endorsement on your license. This is one of the reasons I have all my bikes registered and plated. Don't want to look over my shoulder and worry if stopped.

Back