Title problem

I think in BC you have to declare market value so they can charge tax yet again. People were buying a car for several thousand and declaring a few hundred and avoiding the tax. Now you have to prove it's value to them if they ask.

Gifts are taxable too, I give you something of valuable, you are supposed to declare it as income.
In Oregon it doesn't matter what you put down. You can technically buy a car for 1 cents and no one will care. They tax you on how much you drive on the roads, not how much you spent on your car. The benefits of living on the border is I can say I drive an average of 20 miles a week in Oregon and get away with it lol.

I think in BC you have to declare market value so they can charge tax yet again. People were buying a car for several thousand and declaring a few hundred and avoiding the tax. Now you have to prove it's value to them if they ask.

Gifts are taxable too, I give you something of valuable, you are supposed to declare it as income.
In Oregon it doesn't matter what you put down. You can technically buy a car for 1 cents and no one will care. They tax you on how much you drive on the roads, not how much you spent on your car. The benefits of living on the border is I can say I drive an average of 20 miles a week in Oregon and get away with it lol.
Reminds me of the Beetles song, Taxman. where taxes in Britain were so bad, they are now becoming unbearable everywhere.

Thank you guys for the advice, the one thing I forgot to mention in the original post is that neither the motor or frame have a VIN number on them. I’m still gonna try to go through the dmv and see about a bonded title so I can get a VIN. But so far I’ve just been led in circles by the website.

Thank you guys for the advice, the one thing I forgot to mention in the original post is that neither the motor or frame have a VIN number on them. I’m still gonna try to go through the dmv and see about a bonded title so I can get a VIN. But so far I’ve just been led in circles by the website.
I believe you need a VIN for a bonded title. If all else fails you can get it inspected and get it titled as a home made moped.

In the USA, anyone can give monetary gifts valued up to 12 million in a lifetime w/o incurring tax. Amount changes over time due to new laws. If married it doubles. Just need to fill out a form to the IRS. Then there's a yearly limit that is tax free also. Fed law here, not state. Mostly involves inheritance and gifting money to folks.

You may have to do what I did with my 48cc Risky's Ride Build to get it registered and licensed. Not sure about your state, but for Florida you can do an "Assembed from parts" custom build application. Once you complete all the forms and applications and bike road legal requirements, the DMV issues the VIN to the bike and on the registration. Here is Florida's form

Attachments

• Notice to Bicycle Converted to Moped Builders_Page_2.jpg
    Notice to Bicycle Converted to Moped Builders_Page_2.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 30
Back