Title problem

My dad had an old yamaha rd250 he didn't have registration for and he had to show proof that he tried to find the registration. Basically he wrote a letter and mailed it to the previous owner and he never replied so they gave him the registration. Basically if you don't have registration they look at the bike as stolen
Another funny part of the whole affair is the car was given to me. In 2010 BC changed the law, and unless your family, no one can give you a car. So I just squeaked under all that BS.

I just need to get my ct90 put together and safety inspected and they'll give me a title since it had never been registered. It's kinda a pain to get a title in Oregon unless it never did get registered.
That sounds like guilty until proven innocent.

That sounds like guilty until proven innocent.
Yeah, it kinda is. My dad got a motorcycle for payment from someone. The bike was the lady's dad's who had passed. She can't find the title, and the dmv won't issue her a replacement title even though she can prove he's passed away.

Through the passing of my grandfather a couple of years back, I was left a 1947 whizzer J(as far as we can tell). The problem I’m having is that when he got it, it was crashed and for free on the side of the road in the mid 50s. No bill of sale, no title, no idea how the original owner was. I’ve been looking into getting it licensed but keep running into the problem of no paperwork. Does anyone have some advice on where I should be going from here?
If you live in Ca. you won't need a title or a COA Certificate of Origin to register your Whizzer as a Moped

BTW what state do you live in?

If you live in Ca. you won't need a title or a COA Certificate of Origin to register your Whizzer as a Moped

BTW what state do you live in?
Screenshot_20231227_183858_Chrome.jpg

I think in BC you have to declare market value so they can charge tax yet again. People were buying a car for several thousand and declaring a few hundred and avoiding the tax. Now you have to prove it's value to them if they ask.

Gifts are taxable too, I give you something of valuable, you are supposed to declare it as income.

Back