Title problem

You may have to do what I did with my 48cc Risky's Ride Build to get it registered and licensed. Not sure about your state, but for Florida you can do an "Assembed from parts" custom build application. Once you complete all the forms and applications and bike road legal requirements, the DMV issues the VIN to the bike and on the registration. Here is Florida's form
Is it a 17 digit vin?

You may have to do what I did with my 48cc Risky's Ride Build to get it registered and licensed. Not sure about your state, but for Florida you can do an "Assembed from parts" custom build application. Once you complete all the forms and applications and bike road legal requirements, the DMV issues the VIN to the bike and on the registration. Here is Florida's form
I'd rather not do this because of my want to put collector plates on it, so i wouldn't need mirrors or turn signals.

I'd rather not do this because of my want to put collector plates on it, so i wouldn't need mirrors or turn signals.
good luck with that. Unless it is already established as a certain year of MFG (which is the current problem, not title) then not sure they will give you that pass on equipment regs.

The other alternative is to use the "Vermont Loop Hole" This state does not require a title for vehicles older than 15 years. They will register any car to those who could show evidence of possession, and that might be a bill of sale signed by someone who claims they are the previous owner. With that in hand, the new owner, or land owner who discovered the car in their barns, may claim registration."

good luck

Closed

As of July 1, 2023, Vermont’s poorly kept secret loophole has been closed. Vermont now requires out-of-state residents to prove some connection to the state. Something like an in-state home address, a Vermont business, or applicants that can show that the vehicle spends most of its time in Vermont.

Vermont Closes Vehicle Registration/Title Loophole

www.advrider.com/vermont-closes-vehicle-registration-title-loophole/

www.advrider.com/vermont-closes-vehicle-registration-title-loophole/

I have a 48 from my father. No title. Never had a title. In NY and Mass the registration acts as the title. Mine was licensed in 48 thru 56. I still have the bike and am restoring it. I plan to license it and ride it around the country like my dad did.

I have a 48 from my father. No title. Never had a title. In NY and Mass the registration acts as the title. Mine was licensed in 48 thru 56. I still have the bike and am restoring it. I plan to license it and ride it around the country like my dad did.
You must be referring to what is written in the RMV website regarding vehicles such as yours in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

• The previous owner’s certificate of title or the previous owner's registration and bill of sale for vehicles that are exempt because of its age

Vermont will register motorcycles, up to 249cc, via the mail. I've done it. They don't register as motor-driven bikes if over 50cc. I assume they classify them as motorcycles with Whizzer sized motors. Anyone in Vt. who knows for sure?

Through the passing of my grandfather a couple of years back, I was left a 1947 whizzer J (as far as we can tell)
We like pictures, How about a pic of your Grandfathers 47 Whizzer

BTW the "J" engine didn't come out until 48 so ya might have a 48
If your bike is a 1948 Pacemaker (first of production) you've really got something

Back