Bofeng vs OKO

Zac

Local time
10:16 PM
It seems to be that the best and most used carbs are the bofeng, and the oko. The bofeng just looks like a beefed up nt, while the oko is like a BIG carb. How do they differ based on performance, which would be better and why?

1 other carb you might look at is the 19mm dellorto phbg carburetor. I've had great results with it. Tons of tune ability in the phbg carb. It's always consistent running too.

It seems to be that the best and most used carbs are the bofeng, and the oko. The bofeng just looks like a beefed up nt, while the oko is like a BIG carb. How do they differ based on performance, which would be better and why?
The oko has 3 tuneing points more jets available and more common... The keiln same difference and mikuni... The cheap ones have a main and needle to tune... Not as complicated so it's better for some...

Mikuni is probably best route, just for tuning stand point. The dellorto has a main jet, pilot jet, & something called a starter jet. Plus with the dellorto you can change needle & barrel sizes, plus you can tune them with float weight. I love the dellorto, but it has more points of tuning to learn.

It all depends on your personal preference. One might give you more performance with a higher learning curve. The other might give you all the performance you need and be as simple as 2 + 2.

Mikuni is probably best route, just for tuning stand point. The dellorto has a main jet, pilot jet, & something called a starter jet. Plus with the dellorto you can change needle & barrel sizes, plus you can tune them with float weight. I love the dellorto, but it has more points of tuning to learn.
$120... A box of jets and needles... Would be sweet setup...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-182522.png
    Screenshot_20220412-182522.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 108
That's expensive, I'd probably just get a bofeng for this build, but I'd use a mikuni in my next build

Back