Bogs out with throttle

Skylar0889

Local time
4:09 AM
Hi. New to the page! Nice to see a lot of cool bikes! I had no idea there was this world and am excited to be a part of it.
So, here's the deal. Pretty sure I have a 59cc (bought from a guy that had it sitting around. Everything seemed to run great once I tuned up a few things until I bought a new unrestricted CDI box and it now bogs down some and seems to misfire a little. It still accelerates but not as fast as it should nor has the same top end anymore. I'm thinking it's a gap issue in the spark plugs but have no idea how to assess it. Idle is fine.
What should be my next step?? Any tips?? TIA!!

Welcome aboard. It would beneficial to shoot some pics of engine and bike. That will open things up and members will assist you better. There’s a lot members that will help you.

Welcome aboard. It would beneficial to shoot some pics of engine and bike. That will open things up and members will assist you better. There’s a lot members that will help you.
Cool thanks!

Buy a jet kit and jet down, also as stated above show some pics. Doesn't have to be anything fancy looking, we all know how they first look then we go for a ride...

Buy a jet kit and jet down, also as stated above show some pics. Doesn't have to be anything fancy looking, we all know how they first look then we go for a ride...
Thanks. From the research I've seen, that's the best conclusion. Im looking for a variety to better tune it obviously. Any suggestions on suppliers?

Thanks. From the research I've seen, that's the best conclusion. Im looking for a variety to better tune it obviously. Any suggestions on suppliers?
I usually just find the cheapest thing online with good reviews, I ordered mine through amazon under "XLJOY 5mm Replacement Carburetor Jets " #60 , 65 70 75 and 80#. I've read going down to 65 is the best to do but is trial and error

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Depends on your definition of bogging. Can either be too lean or too rich. If it sounds like its misfiring its too rich, if it sounds like youre holding your kill switch while riding its lean.

Back