boost bottles: yay or nay?

Boost Bottles - more or less

Hi Possenti,
Yes I have made my own boost Bottle, and despite their detractors, they do work. I have also a 66cc HT and there is no way you can put a reed valve set up on them effectively which is why I oppted for the boost bottle. I have searched extensively on the web. I used the outside casing of an old shock absorber that had the same internal dimention as the swept volume of the 66. What you need to calculate is the internal volume of the intake pipe from the carby, the intake port, and the volume of both transfer ports, don't worry about the crackcase, and also the volume of your connnecting pipe. It's also important to place the nipple on the down side of the bottle, not the end, to prevent atomized air/fuel mix pooling inside. The bottle should be placed as near, and above the carby as possible for best effects. The nipple on the intake pipe needs to be as near the carby as poss, prefferabley on the angle.

I run mine in conjunction with a heavily moded carby and it's mighty. Well worth the effort.

Have fun, hope it works for you aswell.:devilish:

Boost bottles

hello,

my name is bob ganger i raced 2 strokes for over 20 years,i raced grass drag sleds, i set several short distance records,like 4.3 seconds in 500 hundred ft. 113 mph.on the grass. .887 60ft times on ice, my sled weighted 220 lbs. and had 963cc and turned 11000 plus rpms.

i have a shank engine dyno. and i logged on here just to tell you boost bottles work. they work very very good if you make reversion cones for your intake ports, on piston port motors.

i worked for the EPA. labs in Ann Arbor MI. with access to the best test equipment available.

they do work knowone on the forum has actualy explained how and why they work, close but no cigar!

Welcome to MBc! There are a fair number of members who use or have tried boost bottles with varying degrees of success. If you can enlighten us on how they work best, I'm sure you'll have a lot of listeners.

I have seen and heard some thoughts, but no actual science.

I have never actually felt or seen any true performance gains. I have an open mind in regard to boost bottles, so please explain in detail.

I'd sure like to know how to set them up so they work 'as advertised'. I'd even get a 2-stroker for my next project if I knew how to actually get a significant 'boost' out of the little beasties.

Boost bottles do work!

hey guys i just installed a boost bottle on my 52cc monsterscooterparts motor, and for you who say they dont work are fools (no offense). i personally love how it increases throttle response and also boost the MPH by 5, i can now reach 43 MPH on the flatts according to my bike computer, not only does the boost bottle increase performance but it makes my bike sound cool as ****!, it sounds like a buzzing bee now and it turns heads, some people think its a nitrous bottle. anyways just letting you guys know that if you got a 52cc motor a boost bottle will definantly be worth the 12 bucks (atleast thats how much i paid). ill be uploading some vids and pics soon.

good, i'm glad that someone finally got one of these to work.
I tried one and got nothing out of it.

Boost Bottles?

Do boost bottles really work and is they do would I be better off using two or should I just stick to one???? :unsure:

Plenty of other threads about this topic, I'd say use the search function and look into the multitudes of pages of people attacking and defending boost bottles.

Back