boygofast happytime

malcolmlandry

Local time
10:38 PM
I bought the boygofast "80cc" kit on ebay for $119.00. It arrived very quickly and I looked forward to the install. It was comical how poor the components where. The motor was locked, and after taking the magneto cover off I disovered an extra screw left inside was jamming the motor. The chain tensioner was a joke that failed when I tried to start the bike. I threw the tensioner away and further shortened the chain. It then started instantly and I took a quick ride. It quickly ran better and better. It is very powerfull and I feel a big time value. I do feel you must be mechanically inclined to assemble this kit. I am very conservative and this contraption is so fast it is scary. I do worry about the drive chain causing the rear wheel to lock if something failed. At my age I would be hurting badly if I took a spill at 30mph. It makes me think about centrifigal clutches and various different drive systems. I do want to note that the boygofast kit runs so well it is almost as if it is fuel injected. I think it is an amazing value if you are willing to sort out the bugs.

Regards,

Malcolm

Livefastmotors

I bought my first happy time engine from livefastmotors and DID get customer service from them. One of my engine mount studs came out while I was riding it, and they put a couple in the mail and shipped em to me without cost.
I did loctite em but I used the blueand I think these need the red stuff.

I bought the boygofast "80cc" kit on ebay for $119.00. It arrived very quickly and I looked forward to the install. It was comical how poor the components where. The motor was locked, and after taking the magneto cover off I disovered an extra screw left inside was jamming the motor.

I got an engine kit from Boygofast and it was delivered fast and exactly as advertised. I had no problems with installing it and I am not the most mechanically inclined person. I have no special tools with the exception
of a chain tool. I do agree about the chain tensioner pulley being ****.
My advice there would be if you can get your chain to clear your frame,
remove enough chain links so the chain is tensioned on it's own and don't
mount the tensioner at all. It will run much smoother.

Back