BTR leaf spring build

Big K first thank you. Second yes it is adjustable and reversable in two ways.
It can be set up for leading or trailing axle. The rockers can also be reversed to modify stiffness. The adjustable rods allow adjustable preload of the spring.

Since those pictures were taken, I have added a second leaf. The second leaf is just for appearance and has no real effect on the operation.

Jim

Ah, American ingenuity is a wonderful thing! This looks just like a vintage motorcycle frontend, Good workmanship and good looks. When do you expect to try it out? Are you going to mount a headlight?

First thank you.
Yes I have welded a bracket for the carbide light just haven't updated the photos. I store my bike in the basement near the heater so can't put fuel in it until the weather gets better to try it out.
Plus I don't think I will be in any condition to ride for a while after watching the Pats loose to the giants!

Beautiful day, took it out for a test ride. Was amazed how good it rode. Much better than the rollfast coil spring that was on it. I had expected to have to modify to get it to feel right. However it seems great.

Attachments

• btr-sidecar 038.JPG
    btr-sidecar 038.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 651
Back