Btr_sidecar Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks Fantastic! Great job! But how much does it weigh and how does it afffect the bike's acceleration and top speed? I've been thinking about building one for my bike.

Sidecar

ABF,
The entire sidecar weighs either 62 or 68 lbs.(I forget which).
Of course any additional weight will effect acceleration. The bike That I have it on is 50cc single speed. I changed the rear sprocket from 44T to 50T to get extra torque for the sidecar. Of course I lost top end but I'm no speed demon anyway.
I stuck with the 50cc just for the round fin look. The max load that I put into it is 80 lbs(grandaughter). Goes fine but have to help it up the hills.

It only takes about 2 minutes to connect/ disconnect the car from the bike. I have much stronger engines that would work better but I'm happy the way it is.

ABF,
The entire sidecar weighs either 62 or 68 lbs.(I forget which).
Of course any additional weight will effect acceleration. The bike That I have it on is 50cc single speed. I changed the rear sprocket from 44T to 50T to get extra torque for the sidecar. Of course I lost top end but I'm no speed demon anyway.
I stuck with the 50cc just for the round fin look. The max load that I put into it is 80 lbs(grandaughter). Goes fine but have to help it up the hills.

It only takes about 2 minutes to connect/ disconnect the car from the bike. I have much stronger engines that would work better but I'm happy the way it is.

Sounds great! I have a 150cc 5 speed, so mine will probably handle it fine. thankyou!

Thanks for the pics, could you possibly do a close-up of your connection bike to sidecar?

Thanks for the pics, could you possibly do a close-up of your connection bike to sidecar?

I hope these photos will help. I still use this sidecar, but mostly for parades & car shows.

sidecar3%20004[1].JPG

sidecar%20009[1].JPG

sidecar%20test%20003[2].JPG

sidecar%20014[1].JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back