Bullet Train Electric Start

Galleged1

Local time
6:27 PM
Need help, trying to find a repair manual as my charging coil went out and need to replace with a new one but need the proper procedures in doing so. If anyone can help it's greatly appreciated.

Need help, trying to find a repair manual as my charging coil went out and need to replace with a new one but need the proper procedures in doing so. If anyone can help it's greatly appreciated.
Show us a picture of the parts you need.

I do not need parts. I already have them. What I need is a repair manual or instructions on how to remove the old one and replace with a new one. I have parts already. The charging coil is round and specific to the bullet train bt80 electric start. The picture you sent is for the basic 2 stroke clutch start. The only thing I need is instructions to remove and replace. See attached

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_183411.jpg
    IMG_20210827_183411.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 102
Electric start B/T has a Starter, Starter Relay, Voltage Reg, CDI, Battery, and a 6 Pole 65w Stator (coil generator)

Why do ya think it's the Coil Generator (65w Stator)? Is it because the battery won't hold a charge? Do ya have a new battery?
Did ya check the charging voltage at the battery?

To change the stator ya gotta take the flywheel drum off first. Then you'll see that it's just screwed on with 2 screws
The pick up trigger has 2 screws too, Just unplug the wires and plug back in. done

That's where I'm having an issue. The flywheel drum is held with a hex nut which I took off. The only thing holding me back is there another nut on there that is round with two slots one on each side that's still holding the drum. Not sure if there's a special tool I need to purchase, or if it's reversed threaded (opposite of the hex nut). I'm not sure as I do not want to strip or ruin that nut.

Electric start B/T has a Starter, Starter Relay, Voltage Reg, CDI, Battery, and a 6 Pole 65w Stator (coil generator)

Why do ya think it's the Coil Generator (65w Stator)? Is it because the battery won't hold a charge? Do ya have a new battery?
Did ya check the charging voltage at the battery?

To change the stator ya gotta take the flywheel drum off first. Then you'll see that it's just screwed on with 2 screws
The pick up trigger has 2 screws too, Just unplug the wires and plug back in. done
When I originally bought the motor I also purchased extra parts in the event something failed. I bought 1 ea of all the electrical parts i.e. starter, relay, voltage reg., Cdi and stator. I tested the stator and compared results and the blue pick up wire gave a resistance of 0.671 compared to the new has a 0.000. it does not come off that simply. In order to remove the flywheel I need a special tool to remove the round nut with the 2 slots? See the image attached.

Attachments

• 16301463268168630781052897703615.jpg
    16301463268168630781052897703615.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 89
Heres another image.

Attachments

• 16301463268168630781052897703615__01.jpg
    16301463268168630781052897703615__01.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 150
If that is a nut, a screw driver or small chisel and a hammer will get it off. Just place the screw driver in at an angle and tap it around, lefty-loosy.

It looks a lot like a 4t set up with the flywheel keyed to the crank shaft, in that case you put the nut back on part way, put a screw driver behind the gear and apply light pressure and tap the nut to loosen the gear.

I've tried I reallu don't want to damage the nut because those two slots are there for the pull start engages. The fly wheel of course will only turn in one direction and free spins in the other. I'm sure there's a tool out there somewhere just don't know what to call it or where to find it.

Back