Can i change piston and cylinder to a more universal one?

bioboi

Local time
4:25 PM
Was wondering if it was possible to just change the top end of the bike to a more readily available parts say a 49mm piston. I'm having trouble finding a 44mm wide piston. The reason I say this is because I cannot find a high compression head that will work with my engine I have 6mm studs. Any help?
20231103_145630.jpg

How does anybody find correct fitting parts?
You need to know what you are working with in the first place, especially if your gonna play "mix and match" with different motor parts.

I am hoping you have some basic mechanical ability and knowledge of how things work and some decent tools before you even begin with this little hobby/sport of ours...Your gonna need it...lol.

I'm familiar with these bike engines I have been playing with them off and on for years. The whole thing that made me want to look for other parts was because I wanted to add small upgrades and get a high compression head. I went ahead and measured the piston and bolt spacing and looked it up and couldn't find any that fit. So it seemed to me the next best option would just to get a bigger top end overall. I mean bigger piston more power right?? But can't get any dimensions through these listings. I've messaged a couple sellers they either don't respond or doesn't fit.

I'm familiar with these bike engines I have been playing with them off and on for years. The whole thing that made me want to look for other parts was because I wanted to add small upgrades and get a high compression head. I went ahead and measured the piston and bolt spacing and looked it up and couldn't find any that fit. So it seemed to me the next best option would just to get a bigger top end overall. I mean bigger piston more power right?? But can't get any dimensions through these listings. I've messaged a couple sellers they either don't respond or doesn't fit.
Not always so. A 48cc can run very well with a bit of adjusting. If you shave (sand) some material off the top of the jug and then sand some off the bottom of the head you can raise the compression of what you already have. Do you have a picture of the bottom of the head?

Back