Can i change piston and cylinder to a more universal one?

bioboi

Local time
10:54 AM
Was wondering if it was possible to just change the top end of the bike to a more readily available parts say a 49mm piston. I'm having trouble finding a 44mm wide piston. The reason I say this is because I cannot find a high compression head that will work with my engine I have 6mm studs. Any help?
20231103_145630.jpg

And they mean exactly what they say...Those heads will fit a 80/66cc motor...They will NOT fit on a 48/49cc motor...There is no universal, after market, "One size fits all" larger engine use heads that will fit for the 48/49cc motors, I do not know how to make this any clearer to you.

You have 6mm studs holding the head and cylinder jug together, the 80/66cc motors are 8mm studs...Also the spacing of the studs on yours are much closer together than on the larger motors.

If you want the type of power you are asking for, low end torque with high end top speed, your not gonna get it from that motor without going into a ton of modifications and work going into it that will cost you alot more than just buying something like a Phantom 85 motor, and then your gonna find out all the problems with trying to fit something larger than a 48/49cc into that kind of confined bike frame space your trying to work with.
Mmmmm I sense the frustration. I'm walking away from this too. My biggest pet peeve is don't just post pictures for us to figure out the measurements. We shouldn't care more about your project than you do if you can't tell us what those measurements are.

I just measured a Zeda 80 I have and the studs are 44mm apart.
Yes, on 47mm bores the stud spacing (not diagonal will be 45mm. I have zero clue what this guy is trying to do.

Have you considered maybe taking the cylinder off so you can measure your bore properly? Forget measuring squish right now. How about telling us the measurements instead of posting pictures for us to figure out what the measurements are? Usually people are pretty reluctant to do anything if they have to care more about your project than you do.

Back