Can’t center magneto, rubs on magnet

The next fight I’m going to have with the engine is getting the right jet in the hp carb but I have a idea roughly which ones it will be I hope lol
Yeah, good luck with that one...lol...Most people trying to get an HP carby to properly tune itself to one of these China Girls seem to be doomed to failure about 90 percent of the time...lol.

The JRL BoFeng carby tends to work very nicely on these CGs...and very cheap to buy as well...$11.99 from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/JRL-Carburetor-Stroke-Motorized-Bicycle/dp/B08N9WYS1V

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I had one like that and had nothing but issues with them to seal right on the intake tube, I have jets from 65 to 70 going up by one and I have a 75 80 85 67 I would think I should be able to get it right I’m guessing I need one between 68 69 or 70 I read a post some where for the altitude he was is which is close to mine needed a 68 69 or 70 jet but he had one of those carbs u mentioned

I had one like that and had nothing but issues with them to seal right on the intake tube, I have jets from 65 to 70 going up by one and I have a 75 80 85 67 I would think I should be able to get it right I’m guessing I need one between 68 69 or 70 I read a post some where for the altitude he was is which is close to mine needed a 68 69 or 70 jet but he had one of those carbs u mentioned
I live in the high desert at 4500 ft above sea level and have been using my BoFengs with the stock #70 jet on a few different motors now...I have had zero problems...You said you had one "like" that but didn't say if it was an actual BoFeng or was it one of the usual cheap kit NT carby's that usually come with the cheaper kit motors, they both look alot alike...The major difference is the BoFeng has an emusifier tube that the NT does NOT have, they also have an O ring to insert in the carby where the intake slides into the carb preventing air leak at that junction, and it has a thicker intake receiver tube housing and better heavier duty clamping hardware to the intake.

when I tighten the screws this happens for some reason I can not move the magneto to center it no matter what I try the magneto won’t move when those screw are in. How do I fix this

View attachment 194777
Take the coil off and enlarge the holes by one drill size. Then when you slip the business cards in there to space it out the coil will stay in place and not crowd the mag.

A few years of reliability with the BoFeng's, all I had to do is get a good nut and bolt to tighten it down with. I keep a spare one around:)

Attachments

• carby.jpg
    carby.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 48
I was wondering if someone can help me out, I can get my engine to start but it won't idle it will o ly stay running if a use the throttle

Back