Can't figure this one out (clutch)

furweider691

Local time
1:28 AM
Ok here's the rundown , I adjusted clutch , ride about five mins and goes soft on me , starts sticking , not disengaging fully . Get it back home adjust cable check bucking bar , grease ,adjust flower , get it perfect again . Go and ride 5 mins same s**t , starts sticking cable goes soft . It's driving me nuts . Anybody dealt with this or dealing with this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok here's the rundown , I adjusted clutch , ride about five mins and goes soft on me , starts sticking , not disengaging fully . Get it back home adjust cable check bucking bar , grease ,adjust flower , get it perfect again . Go and ride 5 mins same s**t , starts sticking cable goes soft . It's driving me nuts . Anybody dealt with this or dealing with this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pull the cable through the actuator arm and mark the cable on the inside of the arm. Then watch the mark. Felt pen mark.

I had a bit of trouble with mine at first. I was ripping up a steep hill and the clutch started slipping bad, luckily I was close to home so no big deal.

I had lubed the bucking bar with some old wheel bearing grease, it melted and got onto the clutch facing and pads. Just cleaned everything up with some iso alcohol and it's been fine ever since. I bought some Synthetic Hi temp grease so shouldn't have that problem again.

As Chainlube suggested sounds like your cable is slipping. It is a very fine line on these motors between not tight enough and stripped.

You can buy a cable clamp, just a small piece of pipe with a set screw. I've been looking for an small old fashioned wire nut (Marret) they had a small fitting with a set screw that held the wires in place then a bake light cap screwed on top. My house has them but they are in use. I guess I could rob one but they are a little too big.

I forgot to add that I had to not only tighten the flower nut a couple of notches but cranked up the spring that is inside the case by removing the threaded support for the clutch cable. There is lots of youtube on that but the short version is you hold a pin punch in the little notch on the spring retainer and push the bike back 3/4 of a foot which tightens it up.

Back