Can't find adequate friction drive OD roller sizes

ezrider

Local time
6:01 PM
Now supposedly there are 2" friction drive OD roller sizes out there somewheres. But all I need is just a 1.5" OD roller size, so I can at least go 20 mph. Went over to the Staton site, and the biggest one there is just 1.34" Everything else on the web is 1" or smaller. Maybe someone here knows something that I don't know yet.

I ran a stock Harbor Freight 52cc water pump engine(Mitsubishi Clone) on my friction drive with a 1.25" roller and it went 35mph. If your just looking to get to 20mph you should be fine with a smaller roller.

Think you're right Bonefish. The biznetmall site sez with a 1.125" roller, the bike can go anywhere from 20 -33 mph. So the GearRat app was understating it. Once I know the Staton Super Duty Clutch Rotor will fit on my HS-4, then I should be good to go.

Have you already bought or own the engine?

Bought the HS-4 engine kit previously separately. Now I'll get the Staton friction drive kit, cuz simplicity is now really the best way to go for me.

Staton's friction drives are better quality and cost less than Thatsdax.com's.

Staton's FD kits are cheaper now than 3 years ago, great prices. His rollers come in 1/8th in increments. 7/8ths, 1in, 1-1/8th in, 1-1/4in, 1-3/8ths,1-1/2in then jumps up to 1-3/4ths. 1-1/8th roller is my fave for the 49cc HS. It's a good compromise for speed and torque for hills, 22 mph.

Back