Cant go past 17mph

Adrian

Local time
12:57 PM
Hi guys its me again. My motor cant go past 17 mph. I checked everything for air leaks, but could only find that the muffler was loose so I tightned that back up, but even at full throttle I cannot even exceed 17mph. Any tips on what to do?

a compression test might tell you something - also, clean motor well and run it to look for oil showing up (seam between case halves can show oil if case bolts need tightening)

Ok I ran it for 5 minutes and everything seemed fine. Anything else I can do?

you might have to run it for several 20 minute trips before seepage shows up - did you try a compression test?

No I dont know how to do a compression test. Do you mind exaplaining how to do it? Thanks.

buy or borrow a compression gauge - hold throttle open and pedal enough to get around 20 turns of motor - read gauge

Is this your first time on the internet? :)
Have you heard of this thing called Google? :)
Type "how to do a compression test" into the little (magic) box on Google.

;););)
Poor kid was just asking a question. You seem like an angry person to me. Maybe you didn't get a Happy Time motor and accidentally bought an angry time Motor.

Poor kid was just asking a question. You seem like an angry person to me. Maybe you didn't get a Happy Time motor and accidentally bought an angry time Motor.
Not at all. I bought a crappy time and I love the little bag of shyte. :)
I just think it's funny (but could also be frustrating for those trying to help) when we are on the internet and someone waits for replies to know what a word means when they could easily have typed the same query into Goggle and have the explanation in seconds. :rolleyes:

;););) -this generally means the preceding statement was less than 100% serious. ;):p

How to test compression (cranking pressure):

1-get a compression gauge
2-get the bike up to operating temp.
3-turn it off and remove plug using care not to get burned
4-install compression gauge
5-ground plug wire
6-kick start bike with the throttle held wide open as many times as necessary until the comression guage doesn't go any higher.
7-record reading and how many kicks used so you can repeat accurately.

Point taken about smiley faces. Maybe it's me that's angry this morning

Back