Carb jetting?

Marc W

Local time
7:27 AM
So how's it going? Say I live in Colorado at better than 6.500 ft above sea level,I was wondering where I should re-jett my N.T. carb?60,65,70,75 any ideas out there?

So how's it going? Say I live in Colorado at better than 6.500 ft above sea level,I was wondering where I should re-jett my N.T. carb?60,65,70,75 any ideas out there?

Honestly I would recommend buy all of them and study the results, it's cheap enough and a fun way to spend a weekend.

I was 72\74\76 in Idaho at 2000 above sea level.

Honestly I would recommend buy all of them and study the results, it's cheap enough and a fun way to spend a weekend.

So last week I re-jetted by using the solder and drill method but it's hard to be precise,I ended up at 65 but I don't know how accurate the drilling was I could have had bit wabbling ,It still 4 stroked,I think I will put a factory 65 in and keep my fingers crossed

what carb are you using and what have you done to your engine? A 72-76 jet at 2000 ft is super rich for a stock engine!

So last week I re-jetted by using the solder and drill method but it's hard to be precise,I ended up at 65 but I don't know how accurate the drilling was I could have had bit wabbling ,It still 4 stroked,I think I will put a factory 65 in and keep my fingers crossed
I think 64 would be a good one for stock engine at that alt Gary55 runs 65-66 at around 4500 ft If I recall correctly.

I live basicly between sea level and 700 ft and for stock engines I usualy put a 68 to start and go from there by how it sounds thru the throttle range!
So is it safe to assume the higher the elavation the smaller the Jett?

Back