Carb tuning

Do I just clean it to fix that?
Yup, pull the whole carb off and drain the fuel from it. Flip it upside down and remove the float bowl lid. You'll be able to tell right away if anything is going on in there, the inside of the lid will be dirty, there is a small pin that holds the float in place and allows it to operate, pull it out to free the float. The float rides on the needle, and every once in awhile some small silt or debris will get stuck between the needle and seat. Look in the seat very closely, if your eyes are like mine you'll need a magnifying glass. Blow air through it from the fuel line side.

While you have it off the float level should be checked. When you hold the carb upside down, the measurement from the carb base to the bottom of the float should be observed. You'll have to look up the measurement for your carb, seeing it's not a stock carb.

It might be a similar problem to my new engine it takes off with speed and gusto at first then bogs down the damn choke lever either from vibration or hitting it rises up to choke it out.
And during this time of year being cold with thick riding gloves hard to sense.
Today I'm putting a small bungee cord on the lever to hold it down.

It was doing the same thing when I had a way bigger main jet too
That carb with a reed needs at least an # 85 jet to start with, when I ran a 1mm smaller carb than that one with a piston port setup (non reed) it needed an 82. The float needle can only stick open or closed and open means it floods and over flows and with closed it gets NO fuel. A rich jet will always run though a lean jet will bog out and die.

Back