Cause of MB Crash Was ?

I have had fenders on pedal bikes come loose and try to kill me. Not fun...

:cry:

Attachments

• P6220006.JPG
    P6220006.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 276
  • P6220007.JPG
    P6220007.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 263
well i have yet to crash once in my 3500+km of MB`ing, i have had many close calls that scared me, but ive learned from every one of them, the first neer crash i had was speeding down a sidewalk a car pulled out of a driveway and i turned right and jumped the curb into a bush and out the other side, i got 2 flats and bent both rims, but i didnt fall off, i learned not to ever ride on sidewalks, my second neer crash was when i was roaring down a road at top speed i came to an intersection and i usualy jam the breaks on at the last second, well this time my throttle cable had become so corroded it stuck on full for the last few km`s but i didnt notice, and in a twist of fate so had my clutch cable and it had broken without me even knowing, so i came up to this intersection at 40+kmh and it was a very busy intersection so i could not run it, i swerved to the right over a curb and up a small enbankment, i was around 3 feet in the air when i came down onto a canadian tire parking lot, apon landing i broke both rims, blew my front shocks, broke my exhaust pipe off and the chain came off and jammed and broke the back motor mounts, i learned to keep my cables in good shape and not to rush up to lights and signs, another crash i had was not to long ago, i was driving down the middle of the highway in a turning lane getting ready to make my turn when the woodruff key broke and jammed the gears, locking the engine and the back tire i skidded till the tire burnt through to the tube and then skided on the rim for a few more seconds, i have never seen an 18 wheeler turn like that! so i learned not to over rev the engine and to be prepaired for the unexpeted, another few things ive had happen was the front tire skidding out on gravel or under heavy wet road breaking, and ive had many many flats but i can usualy come to a safe stop, ive learned from all this to tone it down and stay slow and always be prepared, im very glad i havnt crashed yet and i intend to keep it this way,

ok not so much a crash but would of been if i hadnt of used the brakes and leaned over to the left me and victor were riding on sunday we rode all up that day 60.4km from port adelaide to glenelg and back and various parts of the city anyway up at glenelg my front sprocket sheared off on my bmx so out came a rope and i rode his zbox mountain bike and he rode my bmx as i towed him back to his place i needed a new sprocket to get home he asked his mum if she cud drive us there she cud but it was a 2 seater ute so no go so i said ok ill ride ur zbox there get it and come back and fit it i had half an hour to get there before it closed so i was revving the zbox flatout jumping gutters on footpaths etc was getting dark and was in a hurry got there ok got the sprocket just as they were closing so now i wasnt in a hurry takin it about 30kmh in the bike lane looked back and a van had his indicator on and i watched him come up on my right side and cut in front of me leaving 2ft of gap between me and him strait in front of me to get into the carpark of the bottlshop i locked up victors back brake slidthe bike and hit the van with the back wheel at which point i yelled out "stupid ****in ****head watch where the **** ur goin next time" and then took off as he got out of the car i was lucky i think but i shud take a litte more care next time note " it wasnt dark yet still had awhile for the sun to go down and i was very visible"

a few weeks had bad wreck.
well too start with front fenders are deadly ! I was going down the road around 20 or 25 mph when the tab on the front fender broke . the fender moved forward and the fender stays wraped around the front axle. as this was going on the stays keep getting shorter as the fender itself keep going around tire . until the tire and rim colapsed , bringing the whole bike to a stop ! putting me over the top and busting me up pretty good.I dislocated my left shoulder and got stiches in my left hand , also bruised the boys pretty hard !
i am anti front fenders now and my buddy also took his front tins off.
have a look at my pics.....................

Ouch, that hurts just reading it, saw the pics of the wheel too.

Ive posted this in another thread but I had a real big crash last week. I had just put my engine into another frame as my old one broke in two the day before.

Whilst testing it out I was concentrating on the motor and not on the road. When I looked up I was aiming straight for one of those white marker poles.

They are about 1 metre (3ft) high and 100mm (4in) wide. They are either made of steel or plastic.

As I hit it I was praying that it was plastic. Well it was steel. I was thrown straight over the handle bars. As I was going over my leg got caught on the end of the post tearing my jeans off and cutting my leg from my groin to my inner thigh. Then I landed on my back.

Im still hurting from this one especially my ego.

My bike layed on the ground with motor still running and no damage.

The pole has this cool tyre mark running up its length.

sounds like me

1-Whilst testing it out I was concentrating on the motor and not on the road

2-cutting my leg from my groin to my inner thigh

3-Im still hurting from this one especially my ego.

4-The pole has this cool tyre mark running up its length.

1-not concenreating while riding at times
at times terrible THINGS happen

2-that spot we should protect !!

3-man I crashed a while back when two friends were watching me
man I couldn't pick that MB THING up off the ground fast enough !!

4-I would not call that a ((cool)) tyre mark..

glad that you are ok -- now -- go try again

MM

Back