Centrifugal clutch burn

If you get a BikeBerry transmission using a 10t/36t it'd give you a top speed of 22 mph and should be able to handle a very small hill.

Ok so the gearing in the transmission one gear has 10 the other 36 teeth
The 36 is for the chain
Both the 10 and the 36 are for the chain. If you ran the 44 in the rear with the BB transmission, it'll climb the hill better but the top speed would be 18 mph. Still that's faster than walking.

Screenshot_20240311-084205.png

Even the BB transmission has issues but to go up in quality means going up in price. As you can see, it already has a 10t sprocket on it. So the BB transmission and a quality clutch is all you'll have to buy since you already have a 44t rear sprocket.

Something to consider is getting a tachometer/hour counter. With a single engine drive system. You're stuck with providing pedal assist to prevent engine strain.

Your engine's max torque is 4500 rpm; the clutch full engagement point is at 4000 rpm and idle should be set at 2800 rpm; the max horse power rpm is at 6800; the red line rpm is 7500.

So if the engine drops below 4500 rpm you need to provide enough pedal assist to bring it back up to that. To your good fortune you have a 2x5 drive system bicycle. This allows you to select the most efficient bicycle gear to provide the pedal assist with. Your 2×5 gets shifted like this 1(1-4); 2(2-5) for 8 non-redundant sequential ratios.

The hour counter on the Tachometer/hour counter is used to maintain a maintenance schedule. Change the oil ever 25 hours of use and check the valve lash clearence. Clean the air filter every 10 hours.

On my bike I can shift engine driven gears. So I only have to provide a very small amount of pedal assist. Using the tachometer will lengthen the life the clutch and engine. When moving on level ground or climbing hills you want the rpm to stay between 4500 and 6800. When going down hill once you reach 6800 rpm let off the throttle while going down hill. Doing this will prevent over revving the engine redline rpm.

Doing this stuff is the reason my engine is 14 years old: scheduled maintenance & rpm contol. Here's the tach I recommend:

[It even has a video about it.]

Small Engine Tachometer Hour Meter: Timorn Digital Inductive Waterproof Tiny Tach Meter & RPM Meter & HR Meter for Dirt Bike | Chainsaw | Lawn Mower | Generator Motorcycle Boat Marine Outboard https://a.co/d/1dEPbU2

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back