Chain Binding???

Does z410 use a master link?

Normally, but in my case I just riveted the chain together like on most derailleur bikes as it will be uniform in strength. Not saying that a master link is weaker but I've not seen a 1/8" width chain separate in normal use. You can always peen over the re-pressed in pin if you think it might loosen in use.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a park tool CT3 and a sunlite. Both made for bicycles, and both work on 415 chain. Not all engines come with the same sprockets. the top pic used 415, bottom used can use 410. Not all rear sprockets are the same. Some use 415 and some can use 410 and vary from kit to kit. Since I use shifter kits I use 415 off the engine, KMC 710 Kool chain from j shaft to crank, and KMC 810 Kool chain from crank to hub. The KMC's are both stronger than a normal 415. Having said that I work on a lot of these bikes, and have seen the cheap chinese chains last for over a year with the worst of maintenance and hard use. I'm not wild about them, but the do serve their purpose.
View media item 61602
View media item 61600
View media item 61601
View media item 61262

I have a park tool CT3 and a sunlite. Both made for bicycles, and both work on 415 chain. Not all engines come with the same sprockets. the top pic used 415, bottom used can use 410. Not all rear sprockets are the same. Some use 415 and some can use 410 and vary from kit to kit. Since I use shifter kits I use 415 off the engine, KMC 710 Kool chain from j shaft to crank, and KMC 810 Kool chain from crank to hub. The KMC's are both stronger than a normal 415. Having said that I work on a lot of these bikes, and have seen the cheap chinese chains last for over a year with the worst of maintenance and hard use. I'm not wild about them, but the do serve their purpose.
View media item 61602
View media item 61600
View media item 61601
View media item 61262

I'm not worried about sprocket width as i have a lathe and can alter the thickness, what i need to be comfortable with is the strength of the 1/8 wide chains, whether 410, 710, or 810

My background is off road motorcycles, and i was paying $100 plus for a quality chain 20 years ago, hard to imagine a $10 chain being any good for anything with a motor

415 is rated at 1600 lbs. I believe the 415 hd is 2000 lbs. KMC 710 Kool chain is rated at 1300kg. At 2800 lbs I'll take the kool chain any day.

Back