Chain

I think it somewhat comes down to the kit source as to the quality of the original chain. ZTMoto engine kits come with a decent quality 415h chain that I have always had good luck with.

Most cheaper kits come with unsurprisingly cheap chain.

In either case, a lot of them tend to come very dry so I usually give them a warm gear oil bath.

There is a store on Amazon called the Jeremywell Store that sells bulk length of Unibear branded standard chain. Unibear is a Chinese brand, but they are actually decent quality chains that are also quite popular in the Chinese dual sport community. I replace my kit chains with this particular brand.

He sells 10ft/240 Link and 50ft/1200 Link options. Or, roughly enough for 2 bikes or 10 bikes respectively.
I bought the chain from Jeremywell that you recommended. I cut a piece off it and it was a half link short to put on without the chain tensioner so I cut another piece one link longer and it’s so long I have my chain tensioner about maxed out. Do you know of a good half link I could order? This is the 415h chain. I saw some but not sure which one to get. Thanks in advance!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I bought the chain from Jeremywell that you recommended. I cut a piece off it and it was a half link short to put on without the chain tensioner so I cut another piece one link longer and it’s so long I have my chain tensioner about maxed out. Do you know of a good half link I could order? This is the 415h chain. I saw some but not sure which one to get. Thanks in advance!
I personally don't as I am anti-half link. I am sure somebody could chime in.

Never had a problem with the Zeda chains, I keep them clean and lubricated and I am pretty easy on the bikes. It amazes me the jack shaft bikes are putting 3hp through bicycle chains and freewheels. I may try a better chain just for the ride quality.

I personally don't as I am anti-half link. I am sure somebody could chime in.
Ok so I didn’t need the half link and ran my bike today with the 415h chain on it and it seemed to get some slack in it. Do these chains stretch some also? I hope not as much as the chain that came with the kit

Ok so I didn’t need the half link and ran my bike today with the 415h chain on it and it seemed to get some slack in it. Do these chains stretch some also? I hope not as much as the chain that came with the kit
Did you buy the jeremywell 415h chain? It has a very little touch of stretch. But I would not classify it as stretch, but chain wear in/ break in.

Back