Chain hitting the frame and spocket not align

Tyleruruncle

Local time
7:13 PM
Need help on my 80cc 2 motorised soo basically the chain is hitting the frame but if we move it hits the tyre but we can’t get the spocket in align with the engine it just won’t do it

Chainlube you beat me to it except my post was 180* opposite. I took it down so as not to confuse. :(

My set up has 5mm clearance or lese at both chains/tire and the stay. No margin for error but nothing rubs. Patience and diligence.....

Edit: If there would be different counter sprockets to move the chain off the engine a few millimeters it would help this problem a lot. It would make moving the rear engine sprocket out a lot easier while maintaining alignment.

Need help on my 80cc 2 motorised soo basically the chain is hitting the frame but if we move it hits the tyre but we can’t get the spocket in align with the engine it just won’t do it
Just for clarification, you either have a 66cc or a 69cc depending on 38mm or 40mm stroke.

First off, couple things with the sprocket. If you aren't using the proper hub, you'll just have problems down the line. There are two things to a sprocket (centering and truing) truing is where you want it to spin straight, and centering is when people put sprockets on hubs and the hub is too small in which they try to center the bore of the sprocket evenly around the hub. This is how rag joints rip spokes because if the sprocket isn't seated properly it is just being held with the tension on the spokes. Just a side note.

A photo of the bike will help. You may very well have a common frame where someone who had the same frame can speak on it. It is very possible you don't have the engine mounted correctly (leaning too far to the non-drive side of the bicycle) or the wheel isn't straight in your dropout. If the chain is hitting the tire itself then a thinner tire may be beneficial (such as going from a 2.125 to a 1.95)

Back