Chain hitting the frame and spocket not align

A photo of the bike will help. You may very well have a common frame where someone who had the same frame can speak on it. It is very possible you don't have the engine mounted correctly (leaning too far to the non-drive side of the bicycle) or the wheel isn't straight in your dropout. If the chain is hitting the tire itself then a thinner tire may be beneficial (such as going from a 2.125 to a 1.95)
Or you may have the motor mounted to low which in turn, would have the chain slapping the chain stay of the bike, one of the reasons that my motor on my bike is raised a little higher than most builds here on the forums as seen in pic below...You will also notice that I eliminated the tensioner while I was at it and custom cut and fit both chains on the left and the right in order to work properly and be perfectly aligned.

DSCN0229.JPG

Or you may have the motor mounted to low which in turn, would have the chain slapping the chain stay of the bike, one of the reasons that my motor on my bike is raised a little higher than most builds here on the forums as seen in pic below...You will also notice that I eliminated the tensioner while I was at it and custom cut and fit both chains on the left and the right in order to work properly and be perfectly aligned.

View attachment 193432
I deleted the tensioner too. The thing about tensioners is one tensioner is supposed to accomdate all the frames that exist which isn't practical. What's odd is the tensioner ruins my chain alignment. The bottom chain will be closer to the spokes and the top chain will align with the engine and sprocket.

in addition, my chain always hit the chainstay, and come to find out my engine wasn't as center as it should of been, it was leaning more towards the non-drive side of the bike.

Back