Chain lube

I like 50/50 mix of synthetic 2t oil and straight 30w. Use sparingly, gets in there and stays on.

I realize that everyone has their favorites, bu the Blaster brand dry chain lube (at Home Depot) is my go to chain lube. If one applies it after the bike had been ridden a bit, it will penetrate better and dry into a very thin coating. For the peddle chain, I use TriFlow-Gearhead437-PS-Here's the link to the dry lube:

I realize that everyone has their favorites, bu the Blaster brand dry chain lube (at Home Depot) is my go to chain lube. If one applies it after the bike had been ridden a bit, it will penetrate better and dry into a very thin coating. For the peddle chain, I use TriFlow-Gearhead437-PS-Here's the link to the dry lube:
Just don't inhale when spraying that Blaster...It's basically PTFD Teflon in a spray can...lol...Not good for the lungs at all...lol.

Paint thinner. I guess all those solvents are similar. Varsol is a brand name and paint thinner is just paint thinner. Also works a lighter fluid in a pinch. Don't know enough about the chemistry to say with any certainty.
As does Varsol (Stoddard's Solvent), Kerosene and lamp oil:)-Gearhead437

Back