Chains Chain rubbing against Engine mount stud

MinimumVK

Local time
12:56 PM
Hello! So i finished my 3rd build and have 1 small problem... the chain is sometimes rubbing against the rear engine mount stud. I tried adjusting the tensioner left/right but it doesnt help alot... Any ideas on how i would solve this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20230823_153735.jpg
    20230823_153735.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230823_153756.jpg
    20230823_153756.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 66
Hello! So i finished my 3rd build and have 1 small problem... the chain is sometimes rubbing against the rear engine mount stud. I tried adjusting the tensioner left/right but it doesnt help alot... Any ideas on how i would solve this? Thanks in advance!
You bent your engine mounting studs. That's due to the cheap thin factory engine mount & over tightening. You will more that likely need to replace your engine mounting studs & get a thicker engine mount plate. You could also use bolts if you determine the length needed.

If you continue to run that bike that way, you will end up having a bad day, at some point or another if them studs decide to give up the ghost. Just giving you a heads up warning.

I am a believer in self clearance. If it doesn't clear, it eventually will 🤣

(This is a horrible philosophy in most cases 😆. I don't actually recommend this)

Hmmm i know they are bent and that is because the seat tube is really thick. On my other bikes i have no problems and they are bend in the same way

I am a believer in self clearance. If it doesn't clear, it eventually will 🤣

(This is a horrible philosophy in most cases 😆. I don't actually recommend this)
If you really do believe in "self-clearance", eat a box full of Ex-Lax and tell me how that works out for ya Gordy...lol...lol.

Back