1st Motorized bike build Chain issues please help

You would need something like my homemade motor mount with swivel to do that so you can raise the level and angle of the motor and be situated more towards the rear...From there you would cut your chain down to size and possibly even be able to maneuver the motor in such a way is to not need a tensioner at all like I did on mine.

Link for one of these mounts at amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/CDHPOWER-Sil...ront+motor+mount+40mm&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3

View attachment 195144

My bike with NO tensioner after making this front motor mount three or four years ago.

View attachment 195145
That bike is a dream ! Wow I’m going to take a look at the mounts and give it a try. Thanks for the help

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You will only need the front mount, the rear mount will be fine as is...just raise it up or down on the seat tube as needed to coincide with the front mount.
Thank you ! I was looking at your bike having it on the front and visualizing it on mine and I wasn’t sure if I’d need one for the rear I will post updates when I get the mount in thanks very much for the help.

Yep, built by me, just another retired, fat, out of shape, old fart...lol.

One of the guys in the forum calls it the "Death Star" on wheels...lol.
Can I ask what kind of tires those are ? I’m going to trash this frame and throw it on different frame. I think I found your frame at Walmart

He has the Hyper cruiser from Walmart.
Do you know where he go the wheels from? Also I’m curious if I bought this frame and put my engine on it if the pedals are going to spin around with the sprocket if you get what I’m saying lol. Sorry if it’s a stupid question I’m a beginner

Can I ask what kind of tires those are ?
You will find out all the information about my bike, including tires and tubes, on this tutorial I wrote sometime ago.

I’m going to trash this frame and throw it on different frame. I think I found your frame at Walmart
Yes, it is from Wally World...lol....The local WM doesn't carry it in their store here in town any longer but is available online only to the best of my knowledge.

Back