Losing my mind Chain tensioner!

"because they can bottom out if your threads are too long" that's literally what I said but đź‘Ť
Yeah, and if you read back to everything I said, you are just repeating yourself to beat the dead horse? I already told you exactly WHY what you said doesn't matter at all. You just want to persist in arguing for the sake of argument. You are right IF the head is being bolted down with the acorns. My head is NOT bolted down with the acorns.

Thus You = wrong. Stop arguing.

"because they can bottom out if your threads are too long" that's literally what I said but đź‘Ť
The acorns cannot possibly bottom out on the top of the stud as long as you have regular open ended nuts underneath them because the studs are not long enough to allow that to happen...This is what @ImpulseRocket was saying all along here...They will simply function as a jamming acorn nut against a regular nut period, end of report.

The acorns cannot possibly bottom out on the top of the stud as long as you have regular open ended nuts underneath them because the studs are not long enough to allow that to happen...This is what @ImpulseRocket was saying all along here...They will simply function as a jamming acorn nut against a regular nut period, end of report.
The bolts that came with my current engine were quite literally cut to size with a hand grinder and this is a p85 kit not some ebay backyard special. Bold of you two to assume that they use anything close to a specification past "not broken" when building or assembling these kits. I was simply explaining my experiences with these engines. I've on more than one kit out of the 14 or so I've bought over the past decade that had bolts over 2 inches above the head. Try putting an acorn nut on a 2 inch bolt and not bottoming it out.

The bolts that came with my current engine were quite literally cut to size with a hand grinder and this is a p85 kit not some ebay backyard special. Bold of you two to assume that they use anything close to a specification past "not broken" when building or assembling these kits. I was simply explaining my experiences with these engines. I've on more than one kit out of the 14 or so I've bought over the past decade that had bolts over 2 inches above the head. Try putting an acorn nut on a 2 inch bolt and not bottoming it out.
Who said I used any of the original hardware? other than the acorns at least, lol. You were just making lots of assumptions and then when wrong tried to move the goal posts when that didn't work either.

Concerning the 2 inches over the head... I refer you back to whatnI said earlier. I'm not an idiot. Do you honestly think I would try the acorns if I saw the studs were too long? I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawers, but I ain't a wooden spoon....

Who said I used any of the original hardware? other than the acorns at least, lol. You were just making lots of assumptions and then when wrong tried to move the goal posts when that didn't work either.

Concerning the 2 inches over the head... I refer you back to whatnI said earlier. I'm not an idiot. Do you honestly think I would try the acorns if I saw the studs were too long? I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawers, but I ain't a wooden spoon....
I never said YOU would do anything like this. I pointed out a pitfall for NEW builders, and you took the conversation to a completely separate place and made it about "looks" and started going on about my reading comprehension as if I was stupid

I never said YOU would do anything like this. I pointed out a pitfall for NEW builders, and you took the conversation to a completely separate place and made it about "looks" and started going on about my reading comprehension as if I was stupid
Again, wrong. Want me to go back and post everything I said, in order? Stop trying to move the goal post.

Yep. get a tube of blue locktite, when any of them start getting loose, just dab the threads with locktite and tighten them up
Might be one of the reasons my tensioner went into the wheels before I figure out s**t thanks to you guys it just takes me few weeks longer cause I have to reread everything otherwise I forget! And it sucks

I had a friend years ago put bolts with heads already on them seems to work good but yeah I will check them after every ride that iam scared to go 2 blocks past my house cause sure enough I probably forgot to put something in the forks cause came loose. But getting locktight from Amazon tommorrow

Might be one of the reasons my tensioner went into the wheels before I figure out s**t thanks to you guys it just takes me few weeks longer cause I have to reread everything otherwise I forget! And it sucks
Yeah, it doesn't take much for fasteners to vibrate loose, and these little motors vibrate quite a bit. Even loctite isn't a perfect solution as even with it in use a fastener can vibrate loose, just much more slowly. Harleys have fastener checks as a regular service interval because of this.

Back