Chain tensioner issues and chain length

vader00

Local time
1:56 AM
I have had nothing but issues with chain tensioners so I am trying to get it without a chain tensioner. The chain is to tight or too loose without a tensioner. I’ve tried adding a half link a it was still too tight and broke my chain. I’m thinking about adding the link that broke back on and another half link maybe that will be enough slack? I need some ideas otherwise bike runs awesome just need to get chain issues figured out. The bike is a road master mt. Climber. Any help is appreciated. I’ve also thought about putting on a stronger chain but idk if that would work out. The stock chain is 415

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpeg
    IMG_1389.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1391.jpeg
    IMG_1391.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 92
I have had nothing but issues with chain tensioners so I am trying to get it without a chain tensioner. The chain is to tight or too loose without a tensioner. I’ve tried adding a half link a it was still too tight and broke my chain. I’m thinking about adding the link that broke back on and another half link maybe that will be enough slack? I need some ideas otherwise bike runs awesome just need to get chain issues figured out. The bike is a road master mt. Climber. Any help is appreciated. I’ve also thought about putting on a stronger chain but idk if that would work out. The stock chain is 415
Bolt the chain tensioner to the bottom drop out tight enough to slide it back until there is just a little slack in the top half of your chain, Then bolt it down tight, and with a big crescent wrench closed on the metal of the tensioner bracket, twist the metal until the pulley wheel is straight with the chain.

An option for you if you have a drill and a way to cut metal. You have room to try and shim the rear motor mount to take up more slack. that has helped me in the past get my chain tension where I want it to be. The nice thing is, once it's set the same length of chain will always fit the same.

Back