Make a #415 half link how?

noyo

Local time
5:48 AM
Anyway to rig a 415 half link with the extra chain links?

I'm at too tight too budge; removed one link [open and the outside plates, two technically] and it's too tight. The two links unremoved the chains slipping off every 300feet.
Ordered a half link but the package got lost so now I'm fighting with ebay.

Chain tensioners are too dangerous they always fall off/ give a bad angle for me.

Maybe with the two links removed the tightness will stretch overnight or something.

Anyway to rig a 415 half link with the extra chain links?

I'm at too tight too budge; removed one link [open and the outside plates, two technically] and it's too tight. The two links unremoved the chains slipping off every 300feet.
Ordered a half link but the package got lost so now I'm fighting with ebay.

Chain tensioners are too dangerous they always fall off/ give a bad angle for me.

Maybe with the two links removed the tightness will stretch overnight or something.
Seems to me the wheel sprocket isn't in line with the engine or too much wobble. I broke a case from a too loose chain but none have ever came off.

I agree with checking the chain and sprocket alignment and sprocket trueness on the rear wheel. If the sprockets aren't parallel with one another, lined up properly, and the rear sprocket has any sort of wobble or vertical runout on it, it will buck off he chain and cause a lot of wear in a short amount of time. I have ridden a bike with a floppy chain home a few miles when a spring tensioner I was using at the time failed and it never once came off. The chain whip was something fierce, but I changed my riding habits to try and minimize it as much as possible, mainly trying my hardest not to shut it off because restarting it is usually when the chain would get whipped off the rear sprocket.

Back