Chainring Rubbing Frame

How tight should I tighten the outer nut that holds everything in place? Last time I tighten the hell out of it. I wonder if that could've affected the bearings.

I just snug the outside lock nut down with a pair of channel lock pliers. That's all I do & never had a issue. You will have to readjust your bearings once they wear/seat in.

No once the bearings wear/seat in, you'll have to take lock nut off, then turn then inner nut in or tighter. Then reinstall lock nut & snug back down. Make sure you grease your bearings prior to installing them.

No once the bearings wear/seat in, you'll have to take lock nut off, then turn then inner nut in or tighter. Then reinstall lock nut & snug back down. Make sure you grease your bearings prior to installing them.
Place a big gob o' grease in your palm and force the bearing through it until fully cover all the balls and cartridge.

Wow the cup on the chainring side is messed up. I can feel small burrs all the way around and there's multiple defects that make it not concentric. How do I go about taking it out so I can replace it?
20211126_125647.jpg

Drive on the inside of the cup thru the bottom bracket, using a long punch. Stick the punch thru the bottom bracket on the right side to drive the left race out, then stick punch thru left side of bottom bracket to drive out the right race/cup.

Back