china performance

Darned good idea KC, Thats probably why you have a REAL bike shop and I still just have a little mom & pop operation out of my garage.
So the senior age where you're at is 54? In Californication it's 62. Being I'm still a youngster at 58, I've got a few more years to go to get the senior discount at McDonalds.
Shoot me (or PM me) the link to yer craigslist ad, It'll give me an idea how to word it to get the good response you got.
Big Red.

Darned good idea KC, Thats probably why you have a REAL bike shop and I still just have a little mom & pop operation out of my garage.
I don't have a Retail location so it's not really a REAL shop with walk in and retail stuff, like you I work from home, I just rented a place specifically for the indoor shop space and went to work on it.

I'll PM you the rest and sorry for going so far off topic here.

KC, do you make yours with a top speed of 20mph to keep the bikes legal or just tell the buyers to keep it below that limit?

ps- Arizona, where he's at, has a limit of 20mph for motorized bikes

KC, do you make yours with a top speed of 20mph to keep the bikes legal or just tell the buyers to keep it below that limit?

ps- Arizona, where he's at, has a limit of 20mph for motorized bikes
It is legally still LESS THAN 20MPH and 48cc here but I'll try for the 3rd time to change that again next year, my petition is here http://kcsbikes.com/AZRS28-2516.htm

But no Jag, I don't neuter my builds to legal speed or motor size ;-}

What I have found riding my builds here in the Phoenix area is the law just couldn't care less what is powering you or how fast you are going (within reason) if think you are 'riding safe'.

Though not required I ride with a helmet, glasses and strobe front light.
I have been riding on a performance shifter at 40MPH on a 45MPH and had a pair of cops come up beside me, I looked over, smiled and nodded and they smiled and nodded back and went on by and I attribute that to my not looking like I might be a danger to myself or others.

KC, i tried to add this note to your petition but i received an error message on the web page when trying to post.
Here is my submission, though i forgot to list the maximum speed as 30 mph for a motorised bicycle.

The 48cc rule does not give the engine enough low rpm power and torque torque to adequately propel a motorized bicycle for persons heavier than the standard bell curve of normal adult weight range and also the 48cc rule does not allow enough engine power to tow a loaded bicycle trailer up steep inclines, and/or tow a loaded bicycle trailer up steep inclines together with a person who is heavier than the standard bell curve of an adult weight range.

In my opinion a satisfactory maximum power rating for a motorized bicycle should be 3 horsepower or 2250 watts and a maximum capacity of 120cc for the reasons stated above.

Fabian

KC, i tried to add this note to your petition but i received an error message on the web page when trying to post.
Here is my submission, though i forgot to list the maximum speed as 30 mph for a motorised bicycle.

The 48cc rule does not give the engine enough low rpm power and torque torque to adequately propel a motorized bicycle for persons heavier than the standard bell curve of normal adult weight range and also the 48cc rule does not allow enough engine power to tow a loaded bicycle trailer up steep inclines, and/or tow a loaded bicycle trailer up steep inclines together with a person who is heavier than the standard bell curve of an adult weight range.

In my opinion a satisfactory maximum power rating for a motorized bicycle should be 3 horsepower or 2250 watts and a maximum capacity of 120cc for the reasons stated above.

Fabian

why you petitioning in the US for? huh? huh?

mmmmm, 120cc...can you imagine any of them morons in canberra actually thinking like that? no, their eyes light up at the thought of how many fines, fees, levies and taxes they could stick on... gotta get that budget back in surplus somehow! they even changed motorbike licensing laws in their supreme wisdom! now they have to go through P's for 3 years TOO? what happened to waltz in, gimme my blacks, i did my P's yeterday and im over 25? and the leniency idea? 5 years in a car? have a bike license! not that that worked the other way round :( had a bike license for ten years? what makes you think you can drive huh?

try working out how, with a trike, you can only have a passenger under 16 if you have a bike license? a car license, they have to be over 16.
WTF?

beraeucracy!

why you petitioning in the US for? huh? huh?

Because you can still petition for sensible laws with a justified position in writing, regardless of location , just like someone can place their name on a petition for human rights, regardless if they are from another country.

I will admit that the licensing laws in Australia for a motor vehicle are completely idiotic, just like our artificially low speed limits which some might say are focused towards revenue collection.

My petition is geared to US zip codes so people in other states can use the format with a sort for their state signers but primarily for my efforts to change the law in my state.

What irritates me is people saying 'someone should change the law' but the someone doing any of the work isn't you.
You, the one that wants a change, also wants someone else to do it for you.
Take a note from American history, if want to change things you do the work to bring it about.

I am no politician but I'm not an idiot either, I'll keep plugging away at the powers that be until they realize that resistance is futile and they will be assimilated into the MB consciousness and relax the rules a little ;-}

Back