Closest thing to a reliable 60 MPH Build

WouldBeBiker

Local time
2:21 PM
Wondering if anyone has ever seen an enthusiast build capable of reliably traveling 60 for long periods of time? Just curious as to how far people have taken this hobby to. Also unrelated, someone hit me yesterday with their car (more of a love tap, gotta love slip lanes....) and they bent my pedal in a bit so now it hits the frame of my bike a little and its kind of annoying. Should I bent it back and if so how or should I just replace the damn things?

Something like this might get you there, only issue is the watta pump.
powersports-hornet-50cc-jpg.85266

The thing one has to first consider is what force is being used to generate the speed. For example: In bicycle races Gravity can easily cause bicycles to reach 60+ mph. The frames and components are designed to handle high down hill speeds.

When engines/motors are being used to reach 60+ mph the frame and especially the stays have to be capable of handling the torque being generated by the engine/motor.

When Gravity is the accelerating force its power is spread out equally over the entire mass of the object. When an engine/motor is the accelerating force its power is concentrated into a small area where the rear tire makes contact with the traveling surface. It's because the force is being concentrated into such a small area frame stays and wheels can fail.

If you're going to try for 60+ mph speeds then you need to have the skills to make custom built frames.

The thing one has to first consider is what force is being used to generate the speed. For example: In bicycle races Gravity can easily cause bicycles to reach 60+ mph. The frames and components are designed to handle high down hill speeds.

When engines/motors are being used to reach 60+ mph the frame and especially the stays have to be capable of handling the torque being generated by the engine/motor.

When Gravity is the accelerating force its power is spread out equally over the entire mass of the object. When an engine/motor is the accelerating force its power is concentrated into a small area where the rear tire makes contact with the traveling surface. It's because the force is being concentrated into such a small area frame stays and wheels can fail.

If you're going to try for 60+ mph speeds then you need to have the skills to make custom built frames.
Not really trying to do it myself (yet) just curious as to what's out there.

As for the vehicle that hit you was it in the slip lane or were you in the slip lane? Since you're saying the crank arm bent, I'm assuming it's a 1 piece crank. To have bent one of those was certainly no love tap. Did the vehicle stop when they realized they hit you?

As for the vehicle that hit you was it in the slip lane or were you in the slip lane? Since you're saying the crank arm bent, I'm assuming it's a 1 piece crank. To have bent one of those was certainly no love tap. Did the vehicle stop when they realized they hit you?
i was using the crosswalk in the slip lane and they weren't looking forward when they started going and they hit me just enough to bend the crank like a mm.

Back