Clutch arm needs adjustment

Clutch question again! So when I was putting the clutch hand liver on the handle bar, I didn't realize that it was a bigger gauge tube than the standard size. I thought that I could just spread the clamp some to make it fit. WRONG. it broke because its cheap pot metal. I had another bike that I use for parts, and have been using the brake handle off of it for the clutch handle. I have been having trouble with in not engaging enough. Is it because the handle is smaller? Do I need to bite the bullet and order a new one, or is it because I have it adjusted wrong? Actually the thing was dialed in pretty good but I had to mess with it and fix the arm. The factory put it together wrong and it was bothering me. I am realising that these motors are temperamental, so if it ain't broke don't fix it. I know that I have been rattling on so, do I need a new clutch handle is my question.

My clutch arm seems to be in the wrong position. Can I just take the but off the top and pit it where it needs to be? Do I need a special tool to do this. Please give my some advice. This is my first time posting to a forum and my first bicycle engine

Take the arm off and re adjust it, beats taking the cable out the socket cause their a b**ch to get back on alignment when under tension without a cable stop.

you will at sometime want that locking feature of the standard clutch lever - if painted or powder coated handlebar is a bit too large for the handle, use a round file to open up the inside of the mount a bit

you will at sometime want that locking feature of the standard clutch lever - if painted or powder coated handlebar is a bit too large for the handle, use a round file to open up the inside of the mount a bit

Normally you can file it, but if ones savy they can loosen the bolt and get a mallet tap til it's seated then give a firm walk then twist it onto the bar.

Back