Clutch Clutch Balls-- Who's counting ????

....I GUESS even YOU don't understand.... I Don't KNOW POSSITIVELY who is guilty out of half a dozen, We have bought from ..How do you except me to just pick ONE...Vendors sell they DON'T manufacter.........So YOU are saying the pics are FAKE/NOT REAL???????????:eek: get a life it's not where they came from it's the FACT that someone noticed a problem...
I Just came in from inspecting 11 bikes. 3 are the cheap bearings. also have 10 NEW kits to check.(Yes, I know where These came from)

UP DATE:arceeguy...........Don't pay attention to the next statement, cause, I don't have a manufacture SOURCE......

of the 11 engines inspected, (I) have Notice of the star nuts that are gold anodized and have a slot milled across them... Are the good ones
the gray/plain star nuts have the crappy bearings.of the engines I have
I realize vendors are not manufacturers, otherwise they would be called (curiously enough) the "manufacturer". Since these engines do not carry any manufacturer identification, all we have to go by is the vendor.

I noticed that NONE of the engines I have come across have a "gold anodized" star nut, and they don't have "crappy" bearings.

Also never said that the pictures are fake - where did you come up with that one? I think everyone that reads this thread will agree that crappy bearings are an issue, and they want to know who is selling the engines with the crappy bearings. This way, if they did purchase an engine from that vendor, they should probably spend the time to inspect the bearing. Otherwise, they will likely just be peeing in the wind, like I did - thanks to you. :)

thanks to you. ?
Don't be so HardOn yourself.......Anything that requires lube, should be checked anyway.. Have you bought a NEW bike lately, have YOU seen how little grease they use on the bearings??? consider it "preventive maintance....
Besides
Now ya know
what kind of balls ya Got...

LOL. right ,a list of vendors would help, but i'm sure you are just trying to protect your vendors and the heck with us. ARE YOU really trying to help us. Don't think so. YOU GOT THAT???? So go ahead give another excuse i 'm ready lol

I would also like to add, Didn't the engine come out of a box that was shipped to you?? Check the Address on the box that was shipped to you. That should give an answer to who the vendor was

For the record, I've had both round and square clutch pad types.
The first one was the first 50cc kit I bought, learnt from that mistake not to wash the clutch out.
Then much the wiser, I had a spare 70cc engine that had the round clutch pad types and used that clutch assembly on the 50cc.
Greased it up etc before installing and is still in use today.

But consider this, we who have MB kits are not the only "cyclists" with bearing issues. I friend I know who is ex proffesional cyclists mentioned also that they had a phase of wheel bearing issues and it was found the bearings were made from Tin.
It seems these bearings in clutches that siezed look like they made of Tin or compunded with too much Tin alloy

The other point, the bearing cone, I persoanlly don't think it's case hardened enough or at all. Cos with proper bearings, if the bearing cone ain't case hardened as well, it will pit again cos the harder new bearings may wear it out sooner than expected. Not such a critical point, but let it be known how it ought to be corrected. Take a look at your car's friont wheel bearings and cones, nice shiny hardened steel. Thats how the HT clutch assembly, and gears ought to look like, shiny case hardened gear metal

It can only progress forward. Now it's the clutch bearrings at this point in time.

Case Hardening
http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/heat2.htm

Last edited:
Firstly, Thank-you for taking the time to share this issue.

I had this same issue with a little 49cc I had some years ago when I was still quite new to small engine work (the balls looked to be in the same state and made out of some pretty rubbish steel.) I see you seem to take a few of the assemblies apart, I was considering using my oxy torch to drop the outer race but was a little worried about mucking something up, is this the way you do yours? I just didn't want set myself up for more problems later on down the track.

and a quick aside that isn't really related... A mate and I have been arguing (the friendly kind over beers) about which shape pad (round vs those weird ones) would have the most longevity and was wondering if you would care to share any opinion on the matter to help put our griping to bed?

For all the problems that seem to plague these Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engines, i have "NEVER" had a clutch bearing fail, and my bike gets a good dose of punishment thrown at it.

Interestingly i have "NEVER" had a small end connecting rod bearing fail, with the small end connecting rod bearing in my current engine having been installed in two previous engines.

I find it surprising how some of us encounter problems that others never seem to have an issue with, though part of it might come down to excessive engine revs.

which shape pad (round vs those weird ones) would have the most longevity and was wondering if you would care to share any opinion on the matter to help put our griping to bed?

In all of the engines i've had my hands on (being located in Australia) i have never seen an engine with "round" clutch pads.
The older clutch pad material was the best because (from what i've been lead to believe) it had asbestos impregnated material. Those pads gripped like anything and kept on gripping when the clutch got stinking hot from deliberate clutch slip, when negotiating steep trails and tracks; requiring the clutch to be feathered when rock hopping over obstacles.

The new style clutch pad material is useless compared to the old style clutch pad material, be it round or trapezoid shaped.

I think everyone that reads this thread will agree that crappy bearings are an issue, and they want to know who is selling the engines with the crappy bearings.

I can only say the vast majority of engines (I have come across) in Australia are sourced from, "Zhangjiagang Faygo Union Science Co. Ltd." bit of a mouthful!

http://www.zbox.com.au/images/iso-cert.jpg

These (again only in my experience) all have the same bearing issue, the races not being packed or lubed in any way and all being made out of that crappy metal.
There are number of companies that on sell these engines in my area but the all seem to source from the same factory.

Back